Day 28: Soulmates - Part One

SoTotallyLittleWood 367 Project

Day 28

"Soulmates." - Part one.

Prompt: "Imagine when you're born you have a word or a sentence wrote on your wrist what says something what your future lover would say. You go on a mission to find them." (Creds to Tumblr.)

Toby's mother and father had met due to having some sort of weird writing on their wrist. They can't remember what it had exactly said on it due to the fact that it always disappears after you have met them - they call it your 'soulmate' they think it's the person who you'll eventually get married to and have a child with or something similar but the trick is, the soul apparently always knows who it's going to be. You just have to read your wrist and then find out who that person is. It took Toby's mum quite a while according to her, but in the end she found him - the man is now Toby's dad. However, that was some time ago. Toby's mum and dad didn't expect it to happen to Toby until they were eventually told that it happens to everyone when they reach 15-16. They don't know why it's like a specific age, they think its cause that you're grown up and ready to do stuff at your own pace when you're that age, according to the council anyway. Many people have tried to wash it off, but the council have said multiple times 'It can't be washed off no matter how many times you attempt. It stays with you until you find out who it's connected to and when you marry that person." People have also said that it could be similar to a tattoo - in a sense that it never came off. However many people have been warned that you only get 5 chances to find the person who it could be connected to, and if you never find them - you lose your entire memory. However, when you meet them - you only have a month to marry them if not, you have to say 'goodbye'.

Today, Toby had turned 15 years old and it was his time to shine and get the tattoo what he was hoping for, he didn't know what kind of person he liked and he didn't know what kind of person he expected either so he was just hoping whoever it was, was going to be a nice person. Toby cares more about personality then looks, though having a nice smile is good as well. In a few minutes when he had just been born, it would appear. Toby was very excited. He waited a few more minutes.

~ A few more minutes later~

A gleaming light came through the window and all of a sudden, Toby felt a stabbing pain, it felt like a needle or something. He gently screamed and his mother and father rushed in and saw the light - what was still shining through the window, they both mumbled, "Oh my little boy is about to be grown up." Toby grinned, 'It's time.' he said to himself. In a flash, it had appeared. A sentence had been engraved and tattooed to his wrist, Toby read it, and blinked a few times, 'Today I'll save the plants!' it had written on it. Toby kept blinking for a good few minutes and then his mum came over and grabbed Toby's wrist and stared at it, "'Today I'll save the plants!' Hmm... This is an interesting one." his mum had said. Toby likes interesting so he was definitely going to enjoy this. Toby stumbled over to his bed-side drawer and got out a notepad and a pen from the pot and wrote down, on a blank page, about what sort of ideas it could be. It ranged from, 'Tree hug', 'Plant lover', 'Green thumb', 'nature person.', 'Nature lover.' and most of all, 'Friendly and free-spirited.' Toby was to say the least, ecstatic to meet the person and was so excited because this person was to be seen as his "soulmate." - Someone who is connected to you via your soul and that's good because soulmates are seen as people who you will last forever with and will always be together.

He set out on a journey, well not a massive journey, just a walk through the city - kind of journey. He lived in London, and London was a massive place and he was so happy he's here, because normally the soulmate you're connected to lives in the same place as you - in this case, it would be London. Toby knew that he only had a month to find the person, however he thought that a month was a long time. It was only the 1st of November right now, so he had 29 days left - since there's 30 days in November.