Another Trip To The ER

Mr. Grant drove us all to the hospital and Dylan carried me inside. Dylan and I are sitting in the waiting room while his parents check me in. "I'm sorry this had to happen to you." Dylan says.

'You're starting to sound like Buzz.' I write and show it to Dylan.

"He must have said the same thing. You would think they would have been here by now." Just as Dylan says this, Dad and the others walk into the waiting room. Andy practically runs over to me and squeezes me into a bear hug.

"Meli, are you alright? Of course you aren't all right, you wouldn't be here if you were. Why aren't you alright?" Andy won't shut up, so I place my hand on his mouth.

"Andy calm down. We don't know exactly what's wrong, that's why we are here. She did just get carried down a creek." Dylan says.

"I'm just worried. It was my fault you ended up in the creek Meli. I should've paid more attention to keeping you on Old Bob. Better yet, I shouldn't have taken Old Bob into the creek at all. I'm so sorry Meli." Andy starts crying on my shoulder.

'Tell Andy, "It's not your fault. You couldn't have known I'd fall off the horse." I wish I could tell him myself.' Dylan nods.

"It's not your fault. You couldn't have known I'd fall off the horse." Dylan read aloud.

"Are you talking for Meli?" Andy asks.

"That's why she's here. Meli can't talk anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"Just what I said. Meli lost her voice after I got her to my house. Mom thought it would be best to bring her to the ER to try to see what's wrong."

A nurse walks up to Dad and talks to him. Dad and the nurse walk over to me and the guys. "Which one of you is Amelia Applegate? I know it has to be you." The nurse points at Dylan.

'Do you know her?' I scribble on my paper and show it to Dylan.

"Meli meet Shannon, she's a member of our church."

I wave and scribble 'Nice to meet you Shannon.' one my paper.

"It's nice to meet you too. I've heard nothing about you, but I'm glad to meet you. If you'll follow me, I'll bring you to your room." I try to stand up, but almost fall flat on my face. Dylan catches me and stands me up on my shaky knees. "Let's get you a wheelchair, since your having a hard time walking." Shannon is about to leave when Dylan picks me up bridal style again.

"No need, I've got her." Dylan says and follows Shannon to my room. He sets me down on the bed and gives me a quick hug goodbye, receiving a slight glare from my dad as he walks in. I laugh slightly at his reaction.

"Now let's take your vitals." Shannon says and records everything. "Your temp. is a little low, but that is to be expected. I hope you get better soon Amelia. I'll see you at church. The doctor will be in as soon as he can." With that Shannon leaves the room.