two

norah | unknown

_______________________

'i can't do this anymore.
please,

save me.'

norah her eyes glanced at the message she had written the day before. she still couldn't believe someone had actually replied to her. she probably wouldn't have.

when she read the reply, she allowed herself to smile softly, something she didn't do often.

'if i do, will you save me too?' she read.

at first norah didn't really know how to answer to that. she thought she wouldn't be able to do something like that. something like saving someone's life. but she decided that the best thing to do, was to just be honest with this person.

'that sounds reasonable, i guess. but i really don't think i'm the best applier for that job. i mean, how am i supposed to save you, if i can't even save myself?'

after that, she left the bathroom. she didn't want to miss any of her classes. it's not that norah liked to go to school, or liked to study for it, but she always had been kind of the good girl. she didn't want to ruin her shots at a good future, even though she wasn't so sure if she would have one. considering the situation, she thought she wouldn't survive.

*

the following days went by in a blur. those little bathroom stall messages gave norah something to look out for, a feeling that had become quite unfamiliar to her.

the next day, she was happy to see that her mystery person had answered again.

'i know.. i can't either. but maybe that isn't necessary. if i save you, you save me. see it like a win- win situation. ;)'

she'd thought about it for a while.

'hm alright, but don't say i didn't warn you.'

'i won't fail you, i promise.'