Chapter Seven

Zane stood up from the couch and stretched. He and Travis watched two or three movies, but now they were bored of sitting around and wanted to go do something. It was still raining, so that took away the option of going outside. The rain drumming on the windows just confirmed his thoughts. Travis sighed.

     "What are we gonna do now?" Zane asked, turning around. Travis got up and walked towards him, his emerald green eyes sparkling.

     "What if we went on a walk?"

     "Travis, it's raining!"

     "I have umbrellas."

     "But we'll still get wet!"

      "That's just part of the fun!"

     "Fun?!"

     Travis grinned, grabbing Zane's hands. "Yes! Fun! You know, the thing that people have when they go and do stuff with their best friend Travis!"

     "I don't know how many people have a best friend Travis but i'm sure they're constantly being asked to do stuff they'd rather not do."

      "Come on, Zane..." Travis said quietly, tilting his head.

     Zane sighed. "Fine..."

     "Yay!" Travis cheered, running to the door. He quickly threw on his shoes and kicked Zane's over to him. Zane put them on and watched him. Travis grabbed a large umbrella from beside the door and walked out onto the porch. Zane reluctantly walked after him.

     "I can't believe I'm agreeing to this." Zane muttered.

     "I can." Travis opened the umbrella and held it between them, walking off of the porch.

     "Where are we even walking?"

     "..Around."

     Zane decided to just drop it. He sighed and stepped closer to Travis, glancing up to make sure he was fully under the umbrella.

     "The rain's not gonna hurt you, y'know."

     "But my clothes and my hair will get all wet and then i'll just be uncomfortable."

     "At least you aren't wet right now. I could literally just move the umbrella right now and the rain would drench you."

     "Please don't." Zane clasped both hands over Travis's hand to make sure he didn't move it and move the umbrella.

     "I won't, I won't. Or will I?!" He jerked the umbrella suddenly. Zane quickly moved to stay under the umbrella, glaring at Travis. "I'm sorry, I had to."

     "Yeah. Sure."

     "Aww, is the Zuzu angry?"

     "Stop it."

     "Poor little Zuzu is angry because the big mean Travis let the rain attack him!"

     "Stop it!!"

     "Poor wittle-"

      Zane slapped a hand over Travis's mouth.