Chapter 1: JACK'S STORY

It was 10:00 PM in the middle of the city and a big stage musical was going on at the local theater. Perhaps the biggest one in theatrical history. The play was known as Epiphany, starring a well-known stage actress known as Elinor Dunbroch as the lead role. People had bought tickets and took their seats in the theater as the instrumental orchestra played the opening music. The stage crew went to work setting up the set and the dancers were remembering their parts.

"Places, everyone." The director ordered.

The backup cast went to their positions and prepared to perform. Stage lights lit up and aimed at the scarlet red curtains. Another stagehand operated a fan while a large cape was being dragged along the ground, being worn by the star herself as she walked up the steps of a large rock. Her voice came out as delicately as it was hypnotic.

Elinor: Once there was a way
to get back homeward
Once there was a way
to get back home

Sleep, pretty dove
Do not cry
And I will see a light....

Sitting in the overhead seats above the lower level of the theater, a young brown-haired boy sat with his father. The boy, who was 6 and couldn't see over the edge due to his height, was jumping up to try and see the show. His father picked his boy up and sat him in his lap. The boy was named Jack Frost. He observed everything from above in awe and wonder and for the first time, he loved the theater. At first, he didn't care that much for it, but his father really wanted to see it, so Jack just humored him. But it was only then when he came to watch the play with his old man when his love for theater began.

 But it was only then when he came to watch the play with his old man when his love for theater began

This was it. The moment is all began. The moment an ordinary little guy fell in love with the theater. Everything about it. The lights, the way the scenery moved, even the smell. He was only 6 years old, but his plans to become the first man to set foot on the moon were long forgotten. Some folks say, he grew up to become the greatest showman this city has ever seen. Some call him a visionary, a maverick. I mean, sure, some folks called him crazy and stubborn, but I say wonder and magic don't come easy, pal. I know there would never be any doubt. The name, Jack Frost, would go down in entertainment history. And I should know, because I am Jack-

"Frost!" shouted an angry man's voice.

An older Jack Frost sat at his desk in his office in the theater he had first came to as a child where he first fancied the entertainment. It became the Frost Theater and, needless to say, the establishment's finances weren't going as good. An old woman with hair in curls entered his office.

 An old woman with hair in curls entered his office