Chapter 3: THE AUDITION

"I swear to you, Ralph! It's not joke!" Jack cheered on his phone, calling Ralph. "Look, just get down here and see for yourself! I gotta go!"

Jack was so ecstatic about this that he dropped the phone and laughed.

"Norma! Get your tail downstairs and throw those doors open wide!" He commanded Norma.

Once the doors opened, the entire crowd entered while plenty more got in line as well. Norma stood in front of the crowd with a bullhorn.

"Okay, one at a time, please. Calm down." She ordered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Margo, Edith and Agnes were on the stage singing Crazy in Love by Beyoncé.

All Three: Got me looking so crazy right now, your love's
Got me looking so crazy right now (in love)
Got me looking so crazy right now, your touch....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A boy with long blond hair named Fred was on stage, wearing a golden tracksuit and singing Bad Romance by Lady Gaga.

Fred: Rah rah rah-ah-ah!
Ro mah ro-mah-mah!
Gaga oh-la-la!
Want your bad romance!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A group of male dancers were next on the stage, singing Jump by Van Halen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brooke was dropping off May at school. She parked in front of the building and May hopped out of the car with her backpack.

"Bye bye, sweetie." Brooke said to her with a smile.

"Bye, mom." She said back, closing the car door and entering the school's main entrance with her friends. Brooke breathed a big sigh and pulled out the flier she had with her and looked determined. She drove her car away to the theater to audition ASAP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flynn Rider was on the stage next, smoothly singing Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John and Kiki Dee.

Flynn: Don't go breaking my heart
I couldn't if I tried
Oh honey, if I get restless
Baby, you're not that kind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Five young Japanese girls with black hair were next on the stage. They all wore identical clothes, but with separate colors and were singing in Japanese. Jack couldn't understand anything they were saying, but Norma was bobbing her head to the music and clapping along.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next, an elderly man, Carl Frederickson and a few of his old friends were singing Jeepers Creepers.

All: Jeepers, creepers
Where'd you get those peepers?
Jeepers, creepers
Where'd you get those eyes?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A guy named Thomas was singing Butterfly by Crazy Town.

Thomas: Come, my lady
Come, come, my lady
You're my butterfly
Sugar baby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next, Wilbur Robinson was on the stage for his turn, singing Happy Together by Turtles.