Realization

"I want you to sit in this room right here." Sgt. Broom stated. As he pointed to a room that looked like it was designed for five year olds, I walked over and sat down.

When he walked out of the room. I smelled something funny. I soon realized it was me. I smelled like cigarettes, and I hadn't bathed in two days. My hair was tangled up and greasy. And I was wearing pajamas.

Right after I had turned on the television to watch That 70's Show , Sgt. Broom came and summoned me from the room.

"We can't find your brother." He said.

"He's at school until 4:00." I mumbled.

"Ms. Bagley , it's 4:30. We've dispatched a car to go and pick him up. He won't let us in, and he's threatening to make the dog attack if we enter."

I laughed. I laughed really loud, and uncontrollably. My little brother was tougher than I thought. I guess all those times I beat him up came in handy.

"I'll call him." I said while laughing.

"This is a serious matter, you shou--"

I interrupted him. "I said I'll call him."

I dialed my house number and Jerry picked up. He was freaking out. Crying, and yelling.

"Jerry. Let them in. They're gonna bring you to the courthouse with me." I said calmly.

"No ! Where's mama? Are they taking us away? They're taking us away! I'm not leaving this house!" He was frantic.

"They will shoot Sasha if you open the door and let her out. Lock Sasha in the back room and open the fucking door Jerry! If Sasha gets hurt, I will beat the shit out of you." That was when my mine year old brother realized I was serious.

"Okay." He said as he sniffled. And ten he hung up the phone.

It was then, that I not only realized that I hurt my mom. I had hurt my little brother and changed his life forever. He didn't deserve that. I don't care how annoying he was. He had to move schools, and he lost all his friends.

Not only my life was affected. There are a lot of people that it affected.

Melissa Thomson, Stephens mother, lost a son for a short amount of time.

Teresa Bagley, my mother, lost custody of both her kids and her mentally retarded husband.

Jerry Bagley, lost his mother, sister, and father. And was relocated to live with his uncle.

All Stephens brother and sisters, lost Stephen.

Zackery Harrell, lost his freedom.

Jackson Bagley, whom was then, my unborn son, lost his father, and grandmother.

My uncle, Rick Brock, lost his sense of mind because he couldn't keeps and Jerry because I had a behavioral problem. As much as it hurt him, he turned me over to the custody of Houston County DFCS, and I was placed in foster care.

And last , but not least...

Stephen Thomson, the father of my first born son, lost his freedom, his son, and his heart. Which was me.