Sequel

Three Years Later

Crime Sorcière was currently running from the Magic Council. While defeating a dark guild, which had grown to be quite powerful and troublesome, the Magic Council showed up - the Independent Guild still did not know the reason as to why the Council appeared so suddenly.

Since the Council was reformed after the war with Tartarous, these new leaders were determined to make a good name for the Council.

Which obviously meant capturing long-time escaped fugitives.

"There they are!" A Council member shouted, spotting the figures in cloaks running away. "After them!" The army of men proceeded to chase after the group of wanted fugitives, annoying the Independent Guild.

"Can't we just knock them out or something?" Racer suggested, highly annoyed that the Council wouldn't leave them alone.

"Fighting the Council?" Angel scoffed, "Are you crazy?"

"We'd only be sent back to prison." Midnight said, scowling at the thought of going back to prison.

"Well, we've got to get them off our tails somehow." Racer stated.

As the group continued to run, a city could be seen in the distance - a city that the Mages had been to before, yet they do not remember it because it has been so long.

It wasn't until the city sign, which read 'Welcome to Malba,' came into view when Cobra remembered where he was.

"Let's take shelter in that city." He suggested.

"What?" Jellal raised his eyebrows, "The Council will still find us. They're very persistent."

"We don't have a choice." Cobra said, "We can't keep running forever and besides, I know someone in there that can help us."

Jellal took the next few seconds to think over what Cobra had said. True, the group could not run forever - their legs would give out at some point. And if it was true that he knew someone that could be of assistance, then he would gladly accept the help.

"Fine." Jellal finally replied. "We'll seek shelter here."

Cobra couldn't help the grin that spread across his face once it was confirmed that they would be entering, and probably staying, in the city once again.

It had been three years which was far too long.

With the Council right behind them, Crime Sorcière ran into Malba. "Now what?" Meredy asked, panicking.

"Now, we find Cobra's friend." Jellal said.

"Don't worry," Cobra smirked, "she'll come to us." I know you're here. He stated in his thoughts. I could really use your help right now. Continuing to run, he had no doubt that you - (Y/N) the Guardian Phoenix - would come to save him.

The farther Crime Sorcière ran into the city, the more crowded the streets became with Malba's residents. Which was a good thing for the Independent Guild.

Yet, the Council still pursued.

"Cobra, where is this friend of yours?" Racer growled, becoming impatient.

"Shut up." Cobra hissed. How dare the long nosed Mage question your arrival! Surely, you were coming. Right?

Becoming tired of the chase, one of the Councilmen pointed his scepter at the runaway fugitives - it being pointed at their backs. He used his magic to make the weapon glow and since the streets were still crowed with citizens, the people of Malba screamed and scattered away from the Councilmen, afraid of being a victim of the magic.