Chapter 1-The Assignment

I woke up with a soaring headache. Maybe pop, chips and ice cream at one in the morning was a not-so-good idea. Especially on a school night. But hey, it was the last night of spring break and I needed to celebrate. Jensen, my favorite of my friends, the one I'm closest to, was face-timing me also. Till about ten, because he went to bed. I should have taken that as a hint and went to bed myself.

I got up, cracked my back, and checked the time on my phone. 7:54 a.m. Just enough time for a shower and breakfast. Even though I shoveled my face full with food last night, I'm still hungry. Seventeen year old males generally tend to be like that.

Rummaging through my hamper, I found a dry towel. I sniffed it to make sure I could use it, one more time. It smelled fine, so slung it over my shoulder and headed for the bathroom. I turned on the faucet, found the perfect temperature and stepped in. The beads of water hitting me soothed my headache a little.

After, I dried my hair and and wrapped the towel around my waist. I checked my hair in the mirror. I can hear my friend Charlie's voice in my head: "blonde is just goes with anything, that's why I love it," and she would rattle on how and why blonde hair is the best to have. Charlie dyes her hair blonde, but god forbid anyone know. For me, I was born with it.

I made my way back to my room to get dressed. I threw dirty clothes around everywhere except a hamper. You couldn't even see my floor anymore. I managed to keep my closet clean though. Even with the piles of clothes littering my floor, I still have an excess amount of clothes to choose from. I slipped on a comfy plain white v neck shirt and a pair of dark jeans. The pants weren't skinny jeans but they weren't baggy either. Finally having some clothes on, I went back to the bathroom and put a little gel in my hair. Just enough to make it stand up.

I heard my mom call from downstairs, "Whiat it's 8:15, hurry it up a bit!" She doesn't bother coming up the stairs. That's my domain. My palace. No literally, the way the stairs meet the balcony, it could be a palace. And I have it all to myself. No siblings equal no fight and no sharing.

Before leaving my room, I grab my backpack. I grabbed my keys from the key hanger and yelled for my mom. "Mom, I'm leaving!" I wait in silence by the door for a reply.

"Alright drive safe! I will see you when you get home, text me if you go anywhere." As soon as I heard her answer back, I opened the side door, which a leads straight to the garage. So far, my Monday back to school was fine. But then again, I haven't even got to school yet.

Pulling in to the school parking lot, I saw Sutton and Brant getting dropped off. I chuckle to myself. If Brant never would cut his hair, he would look just like his sister. Brown hair and brown eyes. The usual. I was special, having blonde hair and cloudy gray eyes.

Tapping and muffled talking startled me. I looked out the window to see Jensen. He backed up from my door slowing me room to get out.

"You look awake for being tired," Jensen looked me up and down.

"Way to check me out you creep, and how did you know I was tired?" I did my best to cover it up. Apparently I didn't do so well.

He laughed at me. "I just know you to well to know that you probably stayed up late last night having a party for one." He was right. That's exactly what I did. As we were walking, I noticed him fall back behind me. Before I slowed down to let him catch up he had his hands at my waist and gripping my pants. It was at this point I started to consider wearing skinny jeans and or a belt, because in one swift move Jensen pulled my pants down clear to my ankles.

He then took off way ahead if me, leaving me there. I bent down, trying to retrieve my pants. To make it worse, my backpack decided to fall forward and block my view. Tossing my it aside, I scrambled to get my pants back up. The war was on.