Chapter 3

3rd POV

"____! I'm sorry! Are you hurt?" Hange called. She had chased after the young female all along. Her eyes widen when she saw her bloody lips. The h/c female stared at her with dull eyes.

"I'm sorry! Levi doesn't meant it, I'm sure! He just..." Hange reasoned but got cut off by the female.

"He hates me..."

Hange looked up at ____. Tears were streaming down from her dull e/c orbs.

"It hurts. It hurts so much..." she muttered. _____ began clutching her heart and broke down. Hange pulled her into a tight embrace and rubbed circles on her back in attempt to comfort her.

"It hurts..." ____ mourned.

"I'm sorry..."

-mini time skip-

Hange's POV

I sat with ____ by the fountain at the main lobby and waited until she calmed down.

"Are you okay now?" She just nodded and wiped her tears silently. I could hear her sniffle sometimes.

"So, you just arrived from Maria?"

She nodded again.

"I never thought that you would come here straight away... you never changed though"

"I was worried. You said he was hurt and I panicked..." ____ muttered and i chuckled at her innocent respond.

Now that I looked properly, she appeared more mature than she used to be. Her h/c grown longer and she has womanly curves . She also dressed more like a feminine now. ____ wore a simple black dress with flowy skirt that reaches her knees and a pair of black flats.

I smiled slightly when she used to cringe whenever we told her to put on a skirt. And she also never left her cap behind.

"You've grown into a fine woman, ____" i commented. She was flustered.

"What are you? An old woman? Our age gap didn't differ that much last time i checked," she grumbled- fidgeting with the base of her skirt.

"You would never wore a skirt before,"

"My sister made me this way. She said she didn't want me to die a virgin and forced me to dress up. Even at work... the rules said to dress properly" she mumbled.

"You're beautiful,"

She blushed madly. Yeah, she got embarrassed easily. Always be our teasing subject.

"You know how much we missed you while you're gone? Don't go on missing like that again..."

Her eyes widen a bit and clouded with guilt.

"I'm sorry..."

"So, where are you staying tonight?" I changed the subject since I didn't intend to stay gloomy all night. She gasped and clamped a hand over her mouth.

"Hey, don't tell me you didn't thought about it?"

"Eheh..." she chuckled nervously and i face palmed. Yep, except the way she looks, she didn't change at all.

...

Your POV

Hange went back upstairs to get her stuff and told you to wait for her. After a while, she came down again with her husband, Erwin Smith.

"How are you doing, ___?" Erwin greeted.

"I'm fine. Thanks, Erwin."

"Are your cut okay? It looks painful."

You traced the wound with your fingers and flinched.

"It stings..."

-mini time skip-

Erwin opened the front door to their house and let us in. Suddenly, there were four children came rushing towards them. There were 2 brunettes like Hange and 2 blondes like Erwin. Man, they really know how to control the inheritance.

"Children, are you doing well?" Hange chimed.

"Yessss~" they cheered. They turned their gazes towards you and gasped.

"Mommy, who is this beautiful auntie?" The brunette boy asked.
You chuckled and bent down to his height.

"My name is ____ _____. I am your mommy's friend. I'm staying here tonight, may i?"

"I am Eren, 8 years old! Of course you can! You are beautiful, auntie~" Eren chimed. You ruffled his messy brown hair when his sister- who was munching potato chips dove into your lap.

"My name is Sasha. I am 6 years old!"

"Hello, Sasha"

You glanced at the 2 blond toddlers and they blushed. You smiled at them and they came a bit closer to you.

"M-my name is Armin. I am 4 years old and this is Annie. She just turned 2 years old"

You squealed at their adorableness and they immediately became comfortable with you. They began ranting, telling you about themselves until you didn't realised it was getting very late.

Hange then came to tuck them to sleep. After that, she led you to the guest room. There was a pair of clothes for you to change after shower on the bed.

You stared your reflection in the bathroom mirror and sighed. Your face was terribly pale. Your lips were swollen with blood stains on it and your eyes were red and puffy. You cringed when your mind decided to betray you and replayed the scene before.

"Do you hate me that much, Levi?"