broken

ZEPHYR.

journal entry 399 : hey guys its me zephyr or as some of you may know me as the lost hero percy jackson but i dont use that name anymore i haven't used it for almost 400 years now. ill have to make this quick becaus chaos wants us in the throne room he says its an emergency,but im getting ahead of my self i gues i should tell you what happened all those years ago.....

recap 300 years ago.

Percy.

i woke up early today because im leaving for a quest gia is sturing again as in getting dressed i hear a knock on my cabin door i put my shirt on and open the door to see my friend Grover standing there " hey perc you almost ready to go " he asks as i grab riptide and the shield my half brother Tyson made 6 years ago its magic so it looks like a watch until i press the stop button on it then it spins out in to a fifty pound bronze shield then i turn to him and say " yeah lets go before annabeth wakes up shes going to be ticked when she finds out i dint ask her to go with me this time " then i grab my bag and me and Grover left for half blood hill where argos was waiting to take us into Manhattan. " why didnt you ask her to come with us this time Percy " grover asked as we walk " because there is a chance we might not come back this time and i dont want her to get hurt this time here ive got something i need her brother tyler to give her its a notetelling her im sorry for not taking her" then we walk up to the Athena cabin and see tyler sitting out side hes always up early. as we walk up he looks up and sees us " hey guys you ned something ?" he asks as we stop at the bottom of the steps and i look up and smile a litte bit

" yeah when annabeth wakes up could you give her this for me im leaving for my quest and theirs a chance i might not come back this letter explains why i didnt ask her tome with me this time tell her im sorry" i hand the letter to him and he looks it over then looks at me " yeah ill make sure she gets it ill giver it to her as soon as shes up don worry percy" then he turns and walks in his cabin ." alright Grover lets get going .

time skip 3 hours .

annabeth.

after i wake up and get dressed i walk out into the main room of my cabin and see my brother tyler sitting in a chair reading some thing as i walk up to him he stands up and gives me a look and i know what it means something bad hashappened or is going to happen ." tyler? is everything alright " i ask but he just looks at me as a tear runs down his face and he hands me the letter and i read it .

percy's letter to annabeth.

Annabeth when you read this i will have already left i know yuo will be mad at me for not letting you go on this quest but  it is to dangerous theres a chance that i might not come back i didnt want you to get hurt gia is stirring again and this time we dont have jason and leo to help us and piper has been missing for a while now i talked to my fauther he said that if something happens to me he will make sure you are take care of. i want to tell you everything is going to be ok but its not annabeth go get the picture of me you and grover after our first quest out of my cabin i want you to have it i had becendorf make a magic frame for it as long as im alive it will glow wit the colors of the sea if it stops glowing then ....i wont be coming back but i will stop gia even if it kills me annabeth if i do die on this quest promise me you will find someone else that makes you happy.

From your seaweed brain to my wise girl i will alway love you till death and after.

Annabeth.

when i finish reading it i sat there looking at the letter with tears in my eyes . i dont know what else to do but cry at this point i dont know whether to be mad or happy that he thought so much of my safety. after crying my eyes out i walk to percy's cabin and get the picture i look at it and remeber all the good times we have had since then how many time ive saved percy and grover and it bring a smile to my imy face and i sit on his bead and feel something brush my leg i look down and see a piece of paper sticking out from under the edge of the bed so i pull it out from under the bed and look at it as i look at it i catch my breath the paper is filled with ring desings. I catch my breath as I look at them then I see an arrow on the side of the paper and it says "flip me over Annabeth" so I flip it over and there is a note that says " so you found my ring designs did you? It took me a while to draw one that i thought you might like if you see one you like you can take it to beckendorf and see if he can make it" and then i smile and put it back for now and take the picture back to my cabin as it glows brightly.

Time skip.

Annabeth.

It's been almost a year since percy and Grover left, the picture frame has been flickering lately the afreditete girls tell me I should move on and I'm starting to think they're right we got a new camper a month ago he's a son of Poseidon he's as strong as percy is...or was I dont know if he's still alive. The new campers name is Elijah he asked me out on a date I haven't answered him yet but I think I'm going to say yes so I get up amd go to the arena where his works on sword fighting I walk in and see him slashing the hay dummies I wait till he's done and then walk up to him " hey Elijah you busy" I say as he turns and sees me as I walk up to him he smiles really big "nope not anymore at least what can I help you with" he says with a crooked grin " about you asking me out the other day..." I say a little nervous " his smiles gets even bigger " and?" He asks
I stand there shifting my feet from side to side " i..um..well...uh yes I'll go out with you" his smile widens and he get in really close and kisses me after I get over the surprise I start to kiss back we stayed in each other's arms till I heard a very familiar voice say" Annabeth why" I turn and see percy standing there with tears  in his eyes and Grover reed pipes and hat in his hands " percy i thought you were dead you've been gone for almost a year we burned your banner last week and why do you have Grover reed pipes and hat is he..." I start to cry harder than I ever have before " yes Grover is gone he gave his life to save me so I could see you again his last words were
Flash back. ( percy you and Annabeth have been there for me for as long as I can remember you guys are my family I love you both give these to annabeth.) He hands me his reed pipes then he hands me his hat and his camp necklace (the hat is for you and give my necklace to juniper ) I start to cry as he dies in my arms and turns into an oak tree. I stand there and cry harder than I ever had before my best friend had just been killed I feel something snap inside of me and all the sudden I'm looking down at gaia and I open my mouth to say something but all that comes out is a jet of white hot flames that would make hephestus jealous and she was gone nothing but a pile of golden dust)
End of flash back.
Percy.
I shove Grovers reed pipes at annabeth and walk out of the arena I hear her call after me but I ignore her i walk out of camp and see a man dressed in all black waiting there as I walk up to him he smiles and says "hi percy I've been waiting for you I know what happened how would you like to be my General for my army" I look up and stare at him and dont asked questions or who he is and say " if it gets me out of here I don't care where  you take me just get me out of here" i say with tears in my eyes he opens a portal and before I step through I hear annabeth call after me saying she's sorry and then I was gone.
Zephyr.
Well there it is the story of why I left camp and the reason I will never go back to that rock.
Author's note

Hey guys here's the first chapter of my first story hope you like it