The Rich Get Busy Schedules

I have to talk to talk to the treasurer about the homecoming budget, but before that I need to check up with the Fight Cancer With a Smile Foundation for next month's fundraiser, then I need to write a letter to the principal about the problem transgender students have with the new bathroom system, and before all of that I need to take Zeus on a walk- wait, no, I should contact the foundation, write the letter, then... what else did I need to do again?

"KILLIAN!" I almost fell off of my chair as Shannon's shrill voice cut off my train of thoughts.

"What?" I snapped back at the red head before me who had her hands on her hips with a scowl.

"You were supposed to be done ten minutes ago. You said we'd go to the movies together after the student body meeting was over," she whined. I really liked Shannon, but sometimes a relationship with her feels too demanding and tiresome.

"I'm sorry, it looks like I'll need a bit more time. I didn't expect things to get this hectic with Nathan down with the flu," I said with a sigh. "I'll make up for it later?" What was supposed to be a statement came out more like a question as I observed how she would react.

"But it's a Friday," she whined even more as she slid her arms around my chest from the back. "We should be out getting ready for a party, having a blast, or," her voice dropped in volume as it got closer and closer to my ears. "we could be having another type of fun," her breath blew against my ears as she loosened my necktie. I could feel her glossed lips against my neck and I would be lying if I said I wasn't tempted by her offer.

I quickly turned around and gave her a quick kiss on the lips before saying, "I'm really busy. I promise that next week I'll make up for it." Despite my effort, it was evident that she didn't like the sound of that.

"Fine, I guess you've got your priorities." You know the way most females voice their opinions in this passive aggressive manner? Well, Shannon was no stranger to that technique.

"Babe don't put it that way-"

"Killian," she said sharply, cutting me off from saying any more. "I'm going to go now, and you just go back to your business." I watched as she went on to pick up her bag before walking towards the door. However, before she was completely outside the door she turned her head to me and said, "Oh, and stop wearing ties to school. You're the student body president, not a company CEO."

I sighed deeply as soon as she was outside the door. Shannon was usually much more patient with me, but I may have been being a lousy boyfriend for too long for her to remain sweet and cheerful. I had a lot to get done, so can she really blame me for doing what I need to?

I looked back at the tablet I had in front of me and tried to resume writing my "unending to-do list." There was really a lot to be done both for my educational, social, and private life, but it seemed that Shannon didn't appreciate how I prioritize some things over others. Well, I was prioritizing making a to-do list over our date, so I guess she did have a point.

For what felt like the thousandth time today, I sighed as I dumped my tablet into my bag. I could probably finish all the planning on my own time tonight, so I might as well try and be a good boyfriend for once.

I stood up and grabbed my bag before taking the necktie off all together and throwing it into the bag. With my student body binder in hand, I closed the lights and locked the door of the student body room before making my way through the halls.

She probably left by now, I thought as I observed the empty halls. Maybe if I ran I'd manage to catch up to her. I instantly started running down the halls, the sound of my footsteps echoing off the walls.