Green.

"Stacy, I need you to move all my meetings to tomorrow morning. My hair dresser and stylist both canceled on me, so I' m flying solo. I have to have time to—

I'm guessing her stopping mid-sentence means she's final noticed us on the couch.

"Christian!" She yells baffled.

We pull away from each other and he stands straightening his clothes.

"Mom... Stacy."

He winks at Stacy and she tries hard to hide her blushing cheeks.

"What are you doing home? I thought you had a meeting?"

She narrows her eyes at him, "I could've sworn I just saw you getting in the elevator. Who's this?"

She says turning to me.

"This is... V. She was just leaving."

V?!? How does he know—

I look down at my necklace with a cursive V.

Oh.

I stand quickly with a nervous smile. "It was nice to meet you Mrs. Taylor."

She eyes me as I make a beeline for the door.

As I'm waiting for the elevator, Christian walks out after me.

"Here." He hands me what looks like an iPhone 6.

"What's this for?" I stare at it puzzlingly.

"Well this here is a smart phone. It's like a regular phone but smarter."

I glare at him and he laughs.

"I'm just gonna assume you don't have a cell phone, right?"

I stayed silent.

"I need a way of contacting you. So this is one of my phones. It's not one I actively use, so you should be fine."

Of course he has multiple phones.

"Oh and here."

He takes out his wallet and hands me some money.

"This is five or six hundred dollars. Go buy you a nice dress, get your hair and nails done, wax or whatever you may need, and meet me in the lobby at 7."

"How do you know I won't take this money and run?" I ask as he turns to walk away.

He looks at me, "Because in New York City, $500 won't get you anywhere. But it should buy you a decent dress, hair without split ends, and cut and polished hands and feet. See you at 7."

The elevator doors open and I step in.

What did I just get myself in to?