Chapter Seven- Weak

This girl is full of ideas! Thank you again Erin_Is_A_Dreamer :) The song for this chapter is Power & Control by Marina and the Diamonds! <3

  Also, I use Drummond Castle as inspiration when explaining how the Volturi Castle and Garden are, its just a beautiful place and the garden is simply amazing, not to mention having the shape of V's in it which is perfect!

  What do you think? Was Drummond Castle a good choice? Let me know! =)

_______________________________________________________________________

  Sulpicia could no longer hear the feast, as she stepped outside, taking in deep breaths of the fresh air. The stench of blood seemed to be following her as she made her 'escape' outside. She had blocked out the voices, Aro's voice. And that harlot hybrid's voice. 

  Suddenly she was a harlot? Sulpicia shook her head at herself. That was not even proven... yet. She took in the scent of the blood that was just down the long hall in the dining room. No matter what, she could always tell the difference in the blood types, in the tastes. She could tell if it was from a man or woman, eldery person or young adult. 

  She walked down the steps and finally was able to walk in the garden that she so treasured. It was her way of escaping, which from since the hybrid had been born was what she seemed to be doing more than anything else. 

  She ran her hands through her hair as she walked along the path. She had helped make this garden, her pride for it was strong that something could remain so beautiful and continue growing around her. She felt happiness to know she could help bring life to something instead of taking it away.

  She looked up towards the sky, it was twilight now and would be dark soon. She wasn't sure how long she sat there when it finally did become dark, she wasn't even paying attention to her surroundings. Perhaps that is why Aro could so easily sneak up onto her. 

  As she sat next to the fountain, her fingers trailing in the water she felt a hand softly grasp her shoulder and turn her around. "What was that?" He asked her, the anger clear on the features of his face.

  "You embarrassed me in front of-" He began but Sulpicia quickly cut him off.

  "In front of what? In front of that fil-" It was Sulpicia's turn to be cut off from Aro before she could finish the word 'filth'. 

  "Don't. She can hear you." He gave her a warning look and Sulpicia rised to her feet in an annoyed matter, rolling her eyes. 

  "So defensive are we?" She asked him and began to leave him, to return to the Castle, perhaps to her tower instead of their bed but he grabbed her arm. Not to hurt her, not to frighten her, but just gentle enough to make her stop and look at him.

  "Sulpicia.. this isn't about that hybrid. What I meant to ask was... what was that with your jealousy?" 

  The question made her be thrown off from whatever attitude with him that she was having and she just stared at him. "....Jealousy?"

  "Yes! It was apparent, Sulpicia. Making those comments about a young mate, about her even having a mate, in front of your entire coven? Do you not think they would not notice? It would surprise me if Serena did not notice." Aro shook his head slowly and showed her a frown.

  Sulpicia flinched as Aro spoke to her, she did not realize how that could effect the thoughts of their coven. She tried to believe that she was not jealous but.. she could not deny it. She was jealous.

  "Jealousy is not a good emotion on you, my Mate, it is unattractive.." Aro reached out softly and cupped her cheek in his hand, Sulpicia could not help but push her face against his hand. The soft act erasing all previous fights that they had been having from her mind, she quickly put her hand over his, her eyes closing at the feeling.

  "Unattractive..." Aro continued speaking as he watched her. "And weak." He spoke in a soft matter to her, but Sulpicia at once opened her eyes and felt as if she had been doused in a cold sensation all over her body. She at once let go of his hand as if it burned, stepping back from him. 

  "Weak?" She asked, meaning to sound strong but her voice barely coming higher than a whisper.

  "A human vulnerability.." He said it as if he was disappointed, as if someone was tsking at her, like her hand was caught in a cookie jar.

  She straightened her back but the effects of his simple words shook her. "A human vulnerability doesn't mean that I am weak." She tried to allow her voice to be strong, but it failed her. It failed her as though it agreed with Aro, as though it was laughing at her.

  Aro lowered his arms down to his sides, just looking at her with clear disappointment. That look was worse than when he was angry with her. She felt small underneath that look, like when she was human. 

  "Aro..." She softly whispered but he in return, shook his head and returned into the castle. Sulpicia felt a sob wrack through her body, her slender frame shaking from it. Making Aro angry was one thing, making him not speak to her was another, but to disappoint him?

  She wasn't sure how it was for humans, but for vampires to disappoint your mate it is as if you are showing them that you do not care. That you have lost your respect for them, that you have given up on becoming the best you can be for them, that you are weak. 

  Sulpicia froze at once and fell to her knees beside the fountain. He was right, it was a human vulnerability.

  She was weak

_____________________________________________________________________

  Aro had returned into the castle, he felt the stinging sense of disappointment and of guilt, but what more could he do? Sulpicia's behavior was like he had never seen before. It was embarrasing, disappointing, weak, and vulnerable. He had not seen her like this since she was human. Surely she knew that she had no reason to become jealous?

  He shook his head and sighed, stopping in the hallway. He leaned his back against the wall and closed his eyes. He could hear Sulpicia sobbing, but he did not return to her. She needed to be alone for this, to let his words sink into her mind. 

  He could also hear the heartbeat. The heartbeat of the girl who's power was so strong, it could give him everything he ever wanted. 

  Covens destroyed, new members, new possibilities...

  He could never let that go. And he never planned to.