Take Over, The Breaks Over

I woke up and Pete smiled "Hey sleepy head," he played with my ginger hair and smiled "can I wrap your arm? I don't want it to bleed more." I nodded feeling hungover my head beginning to pound like a heartbeat. Pete looked at me "Ibuprofen?" I whispered out "Yeah, please." He got up and got me water and two small round pills.

I took the pills laying on his bed feeling like I was dying. The only thing in my body was various alcohols and my own insanity. I was going mad, I just wanted to slit my throat. That seemed fun and put a smile on my pouting lips. But I couldn't, Pete wouldn't let me.

Pete smiled at me "Wanna eat baby?" I slowly shook my head and he softly kissed my neck. I laid there silently eventually falling back asleep.

I woke up, the window was wide open letting a breeze in, I smiled smelling the fresh smell of flowers. I walked over leaning out the window, a huge flowerbed was in the small grassy yard behind Petes house, a small lady was tending to the flowers, I watched for a moment before going downstairs and smiling at Pete "Morning." He smiled softly kissing me "Morning sleeping beauty, are you feeling better?" I nodded walking outside with Pete. He smiled as his stepdad brought us lemonade, his mom tending to all of her plants.

I smiled at Pete "I love flowers, my grandma let me plant them in her yard, sh would have the Kinks or Beatles on, my grandpa would change it to ACDC or Queen." I heard music begin to play "Iron Maiden." Pete looked to his house nodding "Yeah probably Rick, stepdad, whatever I'm supposed to call him, he's cool." He ran his finger on the edge of the chair.

I began fidgeting with my fingers my eyes wandering to the apple tree in the corner of the yard. I got up walking over to the tree pulling myself up into it. I climbed up to the top branch looking out over the surrounding houses and city.

This was the start of something new. My bruises were healing, my cuts were closing, my issues were gone. I was free, I had the only thing that made me happy, but it wouldn't stop the madness growing inside.

I was going insane, Pete was trying to change that, but I don't know how long it will stay that way. I pulled an apple off the tree biting into it letting the juice soak into my dry mouth. Pete climbed up next to me, his lack of a shirt and yellow skinny jeans looking quite great on him. "Patrick we've got lunch in the kitchen, are you hungry?" I nodded and he lead me down to the kitchen and I forced myself to eat and not throw it up right after.

Things were changing and were shaping up to be pretty odd.