Surprise(Teena)

How could this happen?How did I let this happen ?Holy crap !!! He is my Sam and he is in pain !!!!

I struggled myself to get convinced. His phrase ,

'I need your apology for letting you see me like this Teena '.

what did he mean here? He understood that I was shattered. Did he understand my pain? My love ???

"When is Sam coming here ?" Linda asked me sincerely sitting next to me.

"Hey Linda !!! It has been many years you've left this town. How was your trip ? Well, Sam is returning after a week" I tried to smile.

"Sorry Teena , let him get well soon" she smiled.

I nodded in return looking onto the bare ground.

"It was a very long vacation. Met all my cousins and it will be the best moments in my life" she said excitingly.

"It was her life changing trip either" Pintu teased her.

"Yes , it was" Linda smiled sheepishly.

"What is it Linda?" I asked her cautiously.

"It....was a vacation where I had chance to meet my Prince. He was my childhood friend who lost contact with us years back.

Now at the reunion we got ourselves patched up" she unzipped her clutch and took his photo.

"Good. All the best Linda" I hugged her warmly.

It had sports session in the afternoon as usual .

"Were your classes extended Teena?" Mom interrogated when I reached home.

"It was badminton mom, couch was very sincere today" I giggled and went for refreshing myself.

"Sam White called few minutes ago . I said you haven't yet arrived" she informed me while placing the coffee.

"How is he now mom" I asked her hiding the pain.

"He is recovering it seems . Physicians have advised him to liberate with in couple of days and return to his routine the coming week"

Sam is coming after two days. This is really great. Thank heaven.

"Teena" Sam answered at the first ring.

"Sam" I replied happily.

"Are you alright? Were you good today??? Why were you late then ??"

" I'm good Sam. Classes got extended. Welcome home then" I teased him blissfully.

"Thank you Teens , coming for pestering you"

We both laughed together insanely.

"Miss you Sam...." I admitted.

"I know Teena " he said softly.

"What is the use then?"

"Me coming early" he was still laughing.

"A week" I said disappointingly.

"Teena, two more days for me to  come home"

"Urg----- it'll take a week for you to come school right?"

"Technically" he giggled.

"Kay--" I tried to control my anger.

"Teena" he paused, "once if  I'm out of this medical place , I am who I am . I'll run , jump , dance" he laughed at his own joke.

"Don't be a lunatic " I cutted him  off.

"I'm not Teena , don't worry . I'll be fine" he comforted me.

"Did you eat something ?" I tried to change the sub.

"Yes ma'am " he said playfully.

" sleep now Teena ... Good night "

"Sure sure, good night" I yawned.

A boring weekend without Sam . He'll be returning tomorrow from the medical centre. I missed him so much , despite my visits to see him.

Door bell rang,second bell went , I rushed down to see whether my mom was there. Only her sticky paper was present stuck on the cupboard near the dining table.

The bell began to ring continuously , I opened the door and there stood my surprise.

"Teena are you okay?" He asked without giving me any chance to come out of my shock.

"Teena?" He gently shook me.

"What are you doing here?" I spitted each word surprisingly.

"Shouldn't I?" He asked worriedly.

I started laughing on seeing his face.

"Stop making that puppy face idiot" then he also joined my laughter.

"Welcome home Sam " I wide opened the door and let him in.

Now only I noticed that he was not cured fully. He struggled to place his right leg on the floor. This made me restless.

"Stop there Sam. Don't move an inch." I shouted at him while he turned and looked me cautiously.

"Is there anything you are worried about Teens ?" He asked confusingly.

I couldn't take my eyes off his weak legs. What would I do. Nothing!!! Except crying. Tears rolled down without my knowledge.

"Why did you come early. What made you?" I managed to talk.

"You Teena " he said calmly resting his hand on the table.

"Ridiculous" I slammed the door heavily wiping my cheeks.

"Teena please , I came here to meet you. After discharging I sent Joyce and Nick home and I came here" he stumbled over the table near him.

Then only I realized that he came out to reach me when I was facing the other side .I went to reach him and hold.

"Sam please I'm not able to see you like this. Look you can't even place your foot firmly." I made him to sit on the dining chair comfortably.

"Sorry Teena . It was my mistake" he apologized.

"You need rest Sam." I held his hand and sealed them  into mine.

"You are wrong. I need food now" he winked.

"Wait you moron" I punched his gut and went to fetch him some soup which mom had left in the oven.

"Where is your mom?" He asked me when he had his first sip.

I handed him the small piece of paper over which she has written,

'will be back within an hour from the market. Take care yourself ~love mom'

He nodded after reading.