3.

After reading the global information on the news panel, we have a meeting to explain to us everything about the shooting, the changes in our schedules and then by little groups our respective roles which will be more detailed on every scene. The music option students are in a separate group, because we're going to play the class in which the mains characters of the movie will be gathered all together. You don't have to forget that we are only extras, so we don't have a lot to do except acting like students as we are every day. The only difference is that we will be asked some things like "I would like to have 3 or 4 persons here playing or rehearsing a song" or "I need someone to get out of the room when Marie comes in" and little things like that. Marie Avgeropoulos is also in the movie. Other well-known actors but we don't know about them yet.

The first days are going pretty will, and it's very interesting to see what's outside the screen. And the actors are super cool with us. Between two scenes, Devon plays drum solos to relax everyone. I take back my guitar and play a few simple chords to follow him, and we improvise a jam session. There's a really good atmosphere in these moments.

"Not bad!" he says, winking at me.

"Not bad yourself! How long have you been playing the drums?"

"Ehm... I can't remember. What about you, the guitar?"

"Something like... 10 years."

The movie director comes in the room in panic, screaming "Devon ! We have a problem." The lead guitarist of Tommy's band (the main character played by Devon) wasn't here yet, and would not arrive. An accident on his way to the school, nothing important but he won't be able to play for a moment, he broke his left arm. Irony, it's what's supposed to happen to Tommy in the story.

"She could replace him? She's a very good player."

"Devon no..."

"If you think she can do it let's go rehearse right now, both of you."

What just happened there? He's crazy! There are not so many songs the band has to play, something like 4 or 5, but anyway! I wasn't expecting to get a pressure like that on my shoulders.

At the end, it's not so hard to play in front of a camera. It's less stressing than playing in front of an audience. Until they ask me to sing.

"Come on Eileen, I know you can do it."

"Devon, I know that look please don't sing it!!"

"Come on... Eileen too-loo-rye-aye come on! Eileen too-loo-rye-aye too-ra too-ra too-loo-rye-aye..."

"Stop it!"

"I'll stop when you sing! Come on Eileen..."

"Fine! Get your sticks and play!"

We rehearse Nightlife by Green Day. I love that song for its "not the usual Green Day style" side, but it's not natural at all for me to sing in this tone. Fortunately, it's a duet so I don't have to sing the whole song. At the end of the day I'm just exhausted, and that's only the beginning.

"Don't worry, get some rest, have a good night and you'll be fine tomorrow."

"Don't worry for me, I've survived worse than this."

"By the way, I'm having a party tomorrow for my birthday... You could come, with your friend... What's her name?"

"Alice."

"Well this is the address... and my phone number, just in case... Hope I'll see you there!"

"You will."

I smile at him and he kisses my cheek before to add "See you tomorrow!" and leave the room.