Gabby's POV
Rinsing the saddle off as the horses ran around in the paddock, a mare & foal ran around the paddock in sync. A stallion by the name of Randy came bolting their way, snorting once he approached.

Randy was a feisty stallion, he always got what he wanted, he was possessive of everything especially his jolly ball. Manny the owner of the rising center whistled, getting the stallions attention.

Seconds later the stallion reared & ran off to join other males, mainly geldings a bunch of 3 year olds. "Dear why are you still here," Manny asked as he approaches the tack room, "just cleaning the tack sir."

I answered while sitting the saddle back down on its rack, "go home dear go home & eat supper I'll see you bright & early tomorrow." I smiled then left, he never makes me leave the stables.

~ ~ after supper

It was about 7:30 at night & my parents were arguing about bills & other things, of course they're room was down the hall. But I could still hear the muffles, as if they were trying to make me hear everything they said.

They've been acting weird for weeks, I have no idea why I thought as I crawled underneath my soft covers. But I couldn't sleep, lights keep being flashed outside my window, probably Ranger Joe.

He's always making sure no one is causing trouble, getting out of bed I looked out the window to see it was Ranger Joe. He had a bloodhound by his side, I believe her name is Missy?

After I knew it was them I climbed back into bed, to only hear a knock on my door "what" I called out. "Never mind we'll talk in the morning," my mother whispered, seconds later I could hear a door close.

She finally went to bed, now I can finally go to bed, I thought before closing my eyes & falling asleep. About an hour later I could hear the sound of rain on the roof, just great more rain.

Next Morning....

It was the next morning & I was already up & eating breakfast, when my mother came into the room. "Morning dear," she mumbled while pouring herself a cup of coffee, "morning um what did you wanna talk about last night?"

I asked while placing my plate on the sink, "your father & I are having issues & it's because of your spending. So your father & I decided to send you to a horse rescue, there are 75 horses there & they all need help."

Wait I'm being sent to a rescue, "your gonna make me work at some boring rescue," I complained as I stood from my chair. "Yes & you will love it, you always had a thing for horses."

She argued back before my father came walking down the stairs, "are you really gonna make me do this daddy?" I whined as I crossed my arms over my chest, "yes dear it will be best" he softly spoke before making himself a cup of coffee.

"I can believe your doing this to me, I love horses but I don't wanna work at some rescue against my will." I spoke while heading back upstairs, I can't believe they're doing this to me.

Just because I spent over 5K, they're crazy that's why "dear you'll love it I promise, your basically saving a horses life." I know that I thought while locking my door, "well I don't wanna go."

They just wanna ruin my life "you also get to retrain a horse that fits you," my father yelled from downstairs. That's the only thing that's sounds good about this thing, I still don't wanna go.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Well that was chapter one, I really hope you all give it a chance & let me know what you think!!!!

Comment 💖
Vote 💖
Favorite 💖