Chapter 1: Preparation.

"Everyone who is taking part in the Annual Leadership Conference, please make sure you arrive at 8am sharp tomorrow. In addition, make sure your clothing is appropriate blah blah blah, okie dokie." I lazily read the letter in my hands.

Appropriate clothing? Yeah, right.

So, it was that time of the year, again.

The time for the girls to "pretend" to be smart and dress flashy, and the time for the boys to dress up in suit & ties, to make their moves on girls, from across the world.

Leadership, my ass.

For the past years, I didn't bother how I looked, or if my clothes and accessories were branded or not. I honestly couldn't care less if the guys weren't looking at me, or if my shoes and hair didn't match my outfit.

But that was in the past. The past, where I was just a small town girl, who grew up being simple. After my mum remarried to some CEO of a huge business company. Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Prada and others came knocking on my door, and guess what happened next? They took me on a little adventure to the mall.

My bundle of dull brown hair, was now coloured a pure chestnut brown with skinny highlights, and it looked as if it was sun-kissed. My wardrobe was given a major reconstruction, and now, I mostly own dresses and high heels.

"I talk a lot of shit when I'm drinking baby, I-" My phone started singing.

"Ello. Lexi speaking." I answered, not bothered to look at the caller I.D.

"LEXI !!" Ciara screamed through the phone. Big Mistake.

I winced at her high pitch, and created a metre distance from the phone to my right ear.

"Ciara! What is wrong with you?! Are you trying to make me go deaf?!" I told her off. This happens every time she calls. I love her, a lot. But she needs to work on her greeting.

"Sorry! Do you want another update on the gossip?" She excitedly asked.

"You gave me an update an hour ago, Ci." I rolled my eyes.

"So, What's your point? You know, a lot can happen in just those 60 minutes." I can just feel her giving me the "DUH" look.

"Alright, proceed. What's the latest news?" Whenever something happens, Ci knows everything. If someone gets arrested, Ci knows who, and the entire inside story as to what happened. She even knows the smallest things. For example, an hour ago, she told me that the head cheerleader, Jenna, went to the grocery store and bought some condoms. How do you even find out things like that? Unless, Ci has her own personal hidden cameras placed in every single corner of this town.

"Trust me, you'll like this one." Ci started.

"You know how Jenna was caught buying condoms? Well, I know the reason why she bought them." Ci said, proudly. Honestly, Is it a good thing being called GG? Maybe it's just a Gossip Girl thing, I wouldn't understand.

"Of course you know. Please, kindly share your knowledge on Jenna's, and the rest of the town's gossip, with me." I sarcastically replied.

"Oh shut up, Lexi. The reason why she bought them is because she's planning to get some tomorrow, during the conference." Ci finished.

I don't have this cliché hate against the head cheerleader, but we do have this frenemy thing going on. Sometimes, she's a great friend, and sometimes she's a great slut. So this little gossip, doesn't surprise me at all.

"Ci, it's nothing out of the ordinary. She can do whatever she wants, and whoever she wants. Why is it such a big deal anyway?" I asked.

"Because, Lexi. The conference is now opened up to elite private schools from across the world!"