Chapter 2

Harry's pov

I've been depressed for awhile now, about 5 years to be exact.

Five years ago, my family was perfect. They loved me, and I loved them. We were just like any other family.

Until my dad went out to pick up something at the store. It had already been about half an hour and I was getting impatient, so I decided to text him to see if he was almost home.

That was a bad idea. He got in a car crash.

Every one assumes it was from texting while driving, since his phone was found on the ground, my text still open.

He died later that day. It was all my fault, all of it. If I wouldn't have sent that stupid text, he would still be here. We'd still be a happy family.

Every since he died, my mom hasn't had a proper conversation with me. You could say she hates me.

She never talks to me, she never looks at me or hugs me or anything. She doesn't care about me.

I've tried talking to her, apologizing, but she doesn't listen. The only times she's talked to me is to yell at me, or tell me it's all my fault we weren't happy anymore.

The worst part is, she's right. It was my fault.

I remember when she used to pick me up from school everyday. Kiss me on the forehead, and ask how my day was. Now, I walk home and go straight to my room, not bothering to talk to her.

Everyday at school, I either get called names or get pushed around. Sometimes after school, I'll even get beat up, but honestly I don't really care. I know I deserve it.

I have no friends. Expect this one kid, who always talks to me. His name is Louis Tomlinson.

He seems nice, but I never talk to him. Mostly because I don't like pity and I know that's just what he would feel when he found out about me.

I also don't want him to be involved with my life, because I don't want anything bad to happen to him if he tries to help me.

I don't want him to know about my mom or dad, but mostly the people that beat me up because he might get hurt, too.

The only thing he's seen the people do is call me names, or shove me a little. But he's never seen after school, about twice a month, these guys always catch me outside the school and beat me up.

Why? Because I'm gay. Only they know that, though. We made a deal that if they don't tell anyone else I'm gay, they get to beat me up every month.

I know I shouldn't have agreed to it, but either way I would get beaten up.

I wish I could talk to Louis, I really do. He seems like he would be a great friend. But I can't let him be sucked into my life. I can't let him pity me, and I can't let him get hurt.