Chapter 3

Louis pov

The next day at school, I notice the curly-haired boy sitting alone at his table again. "I'll be right back," I mutter to Niall.

Niall follows my gaze and sees who I am looking at. "Louis, seriously, you need to stop. Just give up, he's never gonna say anything," he says, a serious look on his face.

I shake my head. "You don't understand," I say, standing up. I run my hands through my hair, and start to walk towards Harry.

He has his lunch laid out in front of him, though he hasn't even touched it. I slide into the seat next to him.

He looks up slowly, and meets my eyes for split second before looking back down at his hands. "Hi, Harry," I say with a smile.

I will do everything it takes to make this boy talk. "Do you want to come sit with my friends and I? You look lonely..." After a couple seconds, he slowly shakes his head no.

"Okay," I sigh, standing up and brushing my pants off awkwardly. "See ya around." He doesn't even look up as I walk away.

I slide back into my seat, feeling defeated. Everyday I try to talk to him, but he never responds. Never.

I put my heads in my hands, and groan. "Louis, it's not your fault. Maybe he just needs space," Niall says, patting me on the back.

"Needs space? So he's needed space for almost two years?" I ask, my voice rising a bit.

Niall just shrugs and turns back to his lunch. How can a boy who I know nothing about, who hasn't ever uttered a single word to me, mean so much to me? Why is he all I ever think about?

I admit, he is very attractive. But that's not why I always talk to him. I glance back at him, and almost jump when I see him staring at me.

Right when our eyes lock, he looks back down at his hands quickly. But I notice something. There's a little smile on his face. It's gone almost the moment I had seen it.

It was so quick and small, that I question if it was even there in the first place. If it was, then I had just come a step closer to being friends with Harry Styles.