Chapter 2: Shopping malls and flirty brawls

Brawl: A rough or noisy fight or quarrel

Madison pulled into a parking space and I hear her sigh. "I'm sorry Clara. You're right about Brett. All I meant was you have someone there for you. Someone who would get into a legit fight over you. Sometimes it is nice to just have an option. Some of us aren't that lucky." She said while unbuckling her seatbelt. I looked down and shrugged "I understand where you are coming from. However, you have to respect my decisions on waiting for my mate." I said while climbing out of her car. "I understand Clara. Friends?" She asked while holding her arms out. "Always." I replied while stepping into her famous bear hugs.

As soon as we stepped foot into the mall, Madison pulled me in the direction of Blue Sparrow to get those boot that she wanted. "Oh my gosh, Clara look! I got the last pair they had, AND they are my size! Thank you moon Goddess!". I rolled my eyes playfully and followed her to the checkout counter. After Madison finished paying for her boots, she grabbed the bag and pulled me in the direction of hot topic complaining how her favorite band tee-shirt got a hole in it.

As Madison was searching frantically for a new tee-shirt, I walked into bath and body works and smelled a few scents. However, I realized that if I stayed in there too long then my sense of smell would be gone, thus leaving Madison and I in a very vulnerable position . So I just grabbed my regular vanilla sugar body wash and bought it. I met Madison outside of Hot Topic and we continued with our shopping adventure.

Finally, Madison decided that she was hungry and we went to the food court. Madison headed straight for the Chinese vendor while I went to Chick-fil-a. I got in the surprisingly short line and waited until it was my turn.

"Hey, how much does a polar bear weigh?" I heard a voice behind me ask. I looked over my shoulder to find out that the question was asked to me. "I don't know." I replied while turning around and looking at the guy. He had red hair and green eyes, you don't see that combination all the time. I breathed in yep, he was a human just like I thought, but it was mixed with something else that I couldn't put my finger on. "Enough to break the ice, hi my name is Daniel, what's yours?" I rolled my eyes and looked him up and down. "Out of your league." I replied as I turned around to order a 12 count nugget meal with a bottle of water. Handing the cashier a $10 I turned my head to see this Daniel guy smirking at me. "Oh feisty, come on girl. Don't be like that." He said while leaning on the counter. I grabbed the tray that the girl behind the counter was holding out for me. "This conversation is over. I would say that it was nice to meet you, but I'm sure the pleasure is all yours." I said while walking to the table that Madison was sitting at. I placed my tray down and plopped down in the cheap silver seat across from her.

"Why is that guy at Chick-fil-a staring at you?" Madison asked while stabbing a piece of broccoli and putting it in her mouth. Madison is one of those few wolfs who absolutely despises meat. The only meat she will eat is a deer wrap and when she does eat them she doesn't eat more than 8. She mainly eats nutrient rich vegetables, fruits, noodles, etc. So naturally her wolf is a little smaller than the average Beta family.

I laughed and said "Because I crushed his ego.". I popped a waffle fry in my mouth and opened the box of nuggets. "Oh gosh. What did you say this time Clara?" she asked while twirling noodles on her fork. "Well. Basically what happened was that he was hitting on me okay, and you know how I can get when a guy starts to randomly hit on me." I said while dipping a nugget in some ketchup. "Yeah, we all know you want to be in a coffee shop when you meet your mate. And how you want him to sit across from you and immediately strike up an interesting conversation and then he asks if he could take you out to dinner etcetera etcetera." Madison said while rolling her eyes.