Part18

The two walk downstairs hand in hand.
Lincoln is at the door, helping the delivery man bring the tree into the house so they can decorate it.

Lexa keeps Clarke close to her as she waits for the tree to be standing, then she takes Clarke's hand again and walks into the living room where all her friends are pulling out the different decorations.

"What's up with those two?" Octavia whispers to Raven.

Raven just shrugs her shoulders and starts putting the balls on the tree.

"Are you two just gonna watch or are you going to help?" Lincoln asks, watching the two. He can tell something is different by the way Lexa keeps touching and looking at Clarke.

"We will do the lights while you all do the rest of the house," Lexa says as she wraps her arms around Clarke and gently kisses her mating mark.

"I guess we are doing the hard work then," Lincoln mutters.

"I guess so," Lexa comments back.

Lincoln eyes the couple for a little while; something's definitely different. No one can smell Clarke's scent, since Lexa is so close to her, so they don't know that it's different yet.

Once the tree has the balls on, the group start pulling out the other decorations.

As soon as the others are out the room, Lexa finally moves more than a couple of inches away from Clarke.

Lexa takes the lights in her hand and waits for Clarke to take the other side, so that they can wrap them around the tree.

They carefully put the lights around the tree. When they are finished, Lexa pulls Clarke into her and wraps her arms protectively around her omega, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"Beautiful," Lexa whispers, kissing Clarke's cheek.

Clarke's cheeks light up, still a little red - she's not used to being complimented still. But she doesn't reject the compliment, because Lexa truly makes her feel beautiful inside and out.

Lexa slowly starts to sway and hum.

Clarke chuckles but slowly dances with Lexa. Lexa rests her head on top of Clarke's head, holding the blonde nice and tight. Clarke breathes in the alpha's strong scent as she snuggles her nose in Lexa's neck, and then kisses her bite mark. Lexa smiles in pride at the action.

Lincoln opens the door a little but not enough to see inside and Lexa lets out a huff.

"What is it Lincoln?" Lexa asks.

"There's a woman at the door who asked for you."

Lexa was so wrapped up with Clarke that she didn't even hear the door bell ring.

"I'm coming," Lexa says as she lets go of Clarke.

She sees Clarke give her a smirk." Not yet, you're not." Lexa can see that Clarke's proud of herself for the pun.

Lexa laughs at Clarke's little comment. "I'll be right back."

Lexa leaves Clarke and goes to the door, where a woman is standing.

"Hello, Miss Woods. Your pup is allowed to leave its mother now, so I thought I would bring it to you before Christmas."

"Oh yes! She's going to be so happy, hold on on second."

Lexa goes running back to the living room.

"Clarke, turn around and close your eyes. You can't look. Promise me." Clarke sees that Lexa is really excited, like a little child." Hurry, come on."