2

I got out fifteen minutes early from class, biting my lip as I glanced up at the darkening clouds in the sky.

"Sure to be a thunderstorm tonight." Kate, my best friends says beside me, making me jump.

"Where did you come from?" I asked, shooting her a dark look which she smirked at.

"Inside." She smiled lightly, pushing her red hair over her shoulders.

Kate had the looks any girl would die for. She had a slim and curvy body, and her breast and butt were the right size for a girl, her hair long, and flowy and red as a rose.

"Hmm hmm?" I hum, rolling my eyes as we walk towards the dorms.

Kate lives on her own in the dorms at the school. She also has a cat named Molly who was  Persia's littermate and super affectionate.

"Hmm hmm my ass." Kate says, glancing to see if there were any cars before we crossed over to the building with the dorms.

I laugh lightly, following her into the building.

But... before I went in, I had to look over my shoulder.

I found my self locked in a gaze of brown.

Wow.

He watched me from a far, studying me intently. I swallowed, again noticing how I didn't feel that much fear but longing, wanting. His name came up in my mind and a ghost of a smile found their way onto his full lips. He nodded to me and I turn quickly, moving inside and rushing after Kate...

Rain drummed on the window as we sat in the living-room that night. Mom was sipping her tea, glancing over at me where I sat in a black arm chair. Sarah played on the floor, making her teddy bear dance.

"Hows your classes going?"

My Mothers voice brought my attention to her.

"Great. I got selected to write the schools paper. The principal thought it would be a good idea since I work with the Detective on Jack The Ripper."

Moms mouth went into a firm line and I sighed softly.

"I know you don't like the idea of me on the case but-"

"I hate it, Arabella."

Shit, I'm in trouble, I thought.

Mom barely used my full name unless I was in trouble or she was upset with me.

"I know, Mom. But I'm being careful. Promise." I say, sending her a smile.

She sighed. "I know. I'm just worried about you."

"I'm fine."

I reached for her head, smiling lightly at her that I could see the forced smile she put on her face when she returned it.