FOUR

I'm gonna scream. No, I'm just gonna panic. But I can't. I have to leave, but should I?

I quietly move off the bed and turn back to make sure he's still asleep, which he is, thank goodness.

I see my clothing on the floor and quickly grab them. I swiftly head to the door and quietly turn the doorknob. I turn back to find that he's still asleep.

I open the door and walk out without hesitation. I sigh once the door is shut. The living room in my dorm is empty. Who knows if there's someone in my bedroom.

I open the door, and get a feeling of relief. I close the door and drop my clothes into the laundry basket.

I open the drawer to my dresser and search through it and find an outfit.

When I put it on, I head to the mirror that leaned against my wall. It was a tall mirror that shows my whole body.

I wore an oversized sweatshirt with fishing-net tights. I grab knee-high black boots from my closet and slide them on.

When I look in the mirror, I stare at my awful mess of hair and grab my hairbrush. I brush through the knots and tangles, then pull a section back and clip it, then do the same with the other side.

I hear a door open, obviously from Grayson's bedroom. Chills run down my spine just thinking about the awkward tension that would occur.

buzz buzz

Tia: Hey girl! Last night was so fun🤘🏼 Damn, still can't believe what you told G. Wanna meet up in ten?

Shit! What did I say?

I feel my stomach turn. What if everyone knows what I said? What if Grayson remembers?

Me: Sure. Where?

Tia: Outside of Pacsun? It's right by the coffee shop

Me: Okay. Be there soon

I grab my pink bag and swing it around my shoulder. When I leave my bedroom, I find Grayson in the living room watching tv.

He turns his head to look at me and suddenly I feel as if I'm gonna die. "Hey", he says.

He's calm, but I'm not. "Hi", I say quietly.

He furrows his eyebrows and pauses the tv. "You okay?"

"Uh, yeah. Um... I didn't get a lot of sleep", I shrug. Why is he playing dumb?

"Yeah, same here. I must of gotten wasted last night. I think... I had sex with someone", he stares off into space.

"What makes you say that?"

"Well, I woke up naked. And I don't sleep naked, so...", he scratches the back of his head.

"Oh, cool", I say slowly. "I wish I could remember who it was. My room never gets that messy when I bring a girl home, so it must have been good", he smirks.

"Well, I should go", I start walking to the door. "Where are you going?"

"Why do you care?" I turn back. "Just asking", he shrugs.