Chapter 2

Do you ever love a dream so much that when you try to fall asleep the next day, you try to replay that dream over and over again or add on to it? Then that dream eventually goes away and gets lost forever. Well in my case last night wasn't a dream it was reality.
The next day at school during first period the announcements came on. I was sitting with my new group in honors english feeling guilty about what I did yesterday. While the principle was talking about what happened at the basketball game last night, I was just drawing roses on the inside cover of my notebook. "Hey are you okay," asked Dan putting his hand on mine so I stopped drawing. "Yeah everything is great. I'm just trying to listen to the announcements." He gave me a sincere smile and started rubbing his fingers on my hand and eventually his hand rested on my leg. "Moving on. All seniors get ready for your big senior trip next week! Don't forget to bring your permission slip and money to make sure that you can go to Florida for a whole week. So get ready to have some fun and relax before moving on from high school and stepping into the big world on your own," exclaimed Principle Hawkins as she ended the announcement.
"I completely forgot about that senior trip," I said while we were supposed to be starting on the first assignment for our new project, but Erin and Michael were talking to each other. "Oh yeah me too but I'm definitely gonna go. I'm gonna bring my money and slip tomorrow. You are going right," asked Dan staring me in the eyes with hope. "Yes of course I'm coming! I wouldn't miss it." "Hey are you sure you're okay? You look really upset, did I do anything wrong or did anybody hurt you," asked Dan looking really concerned. "No I'm totally fine, I'm just extra tired today because I couldn't fall asleep last night for some reason." *BEEP* *BEEP* "I'll walk you to science," says Dan as he leads me in the hallway by holding my hand. "Okay thanks. So how was the basketball game last night, I'm so sorry I couldn't make it I had to work on my science project," I say as we reach my classroom. "Oh don't worry about it Q, as long as I've got you as my girl-" he kisses my hand. "That's all I need." I hug him right after he said those beautiful words. "I love you more than you know," he says to me as he starts to let go of my hands and walk away. "I love you," I say as I walk into class. What am I getting myself into.
When I get into the classroom I sit down in my assigned seat. Caleb wasn't here yet so I got out my notebook, laptop, and other things needed for the project. "What's up Q," Caleb asked as he sat down and startled me. "Oh hey," I say as my voice is shaky. "So about last night...I'm really sorry," he says to me. "Oh it's totally fine it's no big deal, we can just move on from it." "That's the thing. I don't want to move on from it," after he said that I felt shocked. "Um why not?" "In just gonna be open here. I feel like we have a really strong connection and I really like you." I blushed. "But you know that I have a boyfriend who I love." "Yes I do know and I feel awful about that kiss last night, but then again I don't feel bad for it because it made me realize that my feelings for you are stronger than I thought." "Well we can't be together because I'm with Dan." "I get that, but do you really love him," when he asked me that my stomach dropped. And now I question my relationship with Dan.
The next morning my alarm went off. Today is now Wednesday, so that means that my mom and dad are making their "famous pancakes". When I got out of bed I got dressed, brushed my hair (since I straightened it last night), put on makeup, and brushed my teeth. When I walked down stairs my little sister Aria was getting a water bottle out of the fridge. "Hey Ar can you get me a water too," I asked while I walked into the kitchen. "Here ya go," she said while she threw the water at me. Good thing I caught it. "Good morning sweetie," my mom said as she gives me a plate of pancakes. "Hey mom and dad." I talked a little with my family while I ate my pancakes, dropped off Aria at the middle school, and then I got to my school.
My sister Aria is in 7th grade. I mean I would say that we are pretty close even though we can get into arguments at times. My moms name is Lindsey and my dads name is Jonathan. I love my parents relationship. They have been together since they were sophomores in high school and they are still so in love with each other. I love my family so much.
When I got into the parking lot I put a piece of mint gum in my mouth and grabbed all of my things. I stepped out of my car and found a red rose on the ground. I picked it up and there was a small piece of paper attached to the rose. It read: Hey Q, I know this is where you park your car, so I wanted to leave you a little note with your favorite flower. So meet me by the back doors of this high school. Love always, Dan
My heart melted when I saw Dan standing with a bouquet of red roses. "What is all of this for," I asked him as I gave him a tight hug. "I just wanted to show you how much I appreciate you and being with you. I didn't realize until I woke up this morning that I loved you so much. I just had something telling me that someday I'm gonna marry you. So I got you this ring and I know it's probably cheesy to give you a promise ring, but if that's what you want to call it then yes it's a promise ring." He put the ring on my finger and grabbed my face and kissed me. "I love you Dan and yes I will call this I promise ring. I want to be with you and only you," I say as he smiles really big. We hug for a few seconds and then walk to my car to put the roses in there. And then it struck me, I have to tell him that I kissed Caleb.