Chapter 2: February 4, 2014

Text him.

No! Don't!

Yes! Text him!

Should I?

Yes!

I was sitting in my room battling with myself as to weather or not I should text Ryan. We had been talking a lot again recently. And I really liked how it was almost as if we had never stopped.

‘Hey :)' I tapped out on my screen.

I looked at it for a few seconds and then hit send. And about a minute later I got a reply.

‘Hello cutie :)' it read.

I couldn't help but smile.

Me:      ‘How're you?'

Ryan:   ‘Just peachy. And yourself?'

I loved how he always replies with ‘just peachy.' Its different and it sets him apart in a way.

Me:      ‘Pretty great! :)'

Ryan:   ‘Why is that?'

Because I'm talking to you, I thought.

Me:      ‘I just had a really good week.'

Ryan:   ‘That's good. :)'

Me:      ‘Indeed it is. :)'

Ryan:   ‘I have a question. Its pretty out there.'

My heart started racing. What did he want to ask me?

Me:      ‘Ok'

Ryan:   ‘Could I be so obliged as to take you on a date sometime?'

Damn, I love how he talks. The way he uses words that make my heart skip a beat. Its like his own language; I've never met anyone else who speaks it. He is unlike any guy I have had the pleasure to fall for. He talks in a way that most have long forgotten, a dead language that when coming from him is very much alive. A way that challenges today's dull minds and speaks straight to the heart.

I remember back to when we talked before...

Me:      ‘If I remember correctly, you've asked me that before...'

Ryan:   ‘Well, ya.'

My heart felt like somebody had dropped a crate of bricks on it. Heavy and hurting.

Me:      ‘I really, really, really wish I could say yes. I mean you have no idea how badly I wish I could say yes, but I'm not allowed to date seniors. :('

Ryan:   ‘We're not ‘dating' silly. I just wanna take you out to eat.'

Why does he always have to make things harder? I wish I could say yes, but I know my parents and it would be a huge risk... They would ground me for at least a month or two if I went on a date with him and they found out... and would they ever even trust me again...

Me:      ‘I still doubt my parents will go for it.'

Ryan:   ‘Tell them I'm a junior or a sophomore.'

Me:      ‘Yeah... about that I've talked to my mom about you and she knows you're a senior...'

Ryan:   ‘Really?  Like about what?'

Me:      ‘Like about how I kind of like you.'

God, when did I get so brave?

Ryan:   ‘Awe. :) But did she get mad?'

Me:      ‘Nah. But she told me I shouldn't get too deep into liking a guy that I cant be with.

Ryan:   ‘Well I still wanna hang out with you.'

Should I tell him?

Go for it!

Me:      ‘Well if you're going to Regional Scholars Bowl tournament on the 6th, I'm going to be there too.'

Ryan:   ‘omgomgomg :)'

Me:      ‘Fangirl attack much? haha :)'

Ryan:   ‘You're cute :) Snap me!'

We snapchatted until I went to bed.

I felt like there were a million butterflies living in my stomach. ♥