Waves of Rock

Waves of Rock, - chapter one. 

Thanks to DestinyGeo for being the best editor ever!!!!! (this chapter is dedicated to her) also you guys should read her books! They're awesome! Anyway on with it! 

________________________________________________________________________

Melody sat on her rock glaring at her tail. Why wouldn't it just disappear?! It always did that in the stories she read. A Mergirl would wish her tail away and it would be true. Yeah she was still obsessed with humans and more importantly, music. She knew that it was childish but she couldn't help it. The ocean was too small for her. She wanted to play her guitar in front of thousands leaving them silenced with the sound of her perfect voice. She also knew it would never happen.

She looked at her reflection. She had soft brown hair with aqua highlights, colour changing blue eyes with long eyelashes and full luscious lips. She had the perfect amount of curves and soft tanned skin. None of that mattered though all she cared about was music. She turned to face her drums, keyboard and most importantly, her guitar. The drums and keyboard were home made from dried seaweed rope, bone, shark skin, orca teeth, sticks, shells and some of her old scales for decoration. But her guitar was her prize possession. She sat strumming loving how the sound filled her and completed her. As she listened she thought back to the day she got it.

She was seven and had been swimming around, having just been in a fight with her father. When all of a sudden, sound waves struck her from about a one hundred meters away. She had been so distracted by her anger that she hadn't noticed a cruise ship coming up behind her. She had been taught to swim as far down as possible while letting it go over then alert the city. Instead she found herself swimming towards the nearby rocks. She hid behind the rocks just listening.

When you try your best, but you don't succeed

When you get what you want but not what you need

When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep

Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face

When lose something that you can't replace

When you love someone but it goes to waste

Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you

And your high up above but down below

When you're too in love to let it go

But if you never try you'll never know

Just what you worth

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you

And then the guitar solo hit. Melody couldn't think, she couldn't breathe all she could do was listen. Her fin curled, her heart soared and the beat pulsated through her veins. Without thinking about the consequences Melody thrust her head above the waves, just trying to get closer to the amazing sound. There was a gasp on the boat. Everyone looked round. Five thousand faces were staring at her but all she saw was one.

There was a boy. Messy black hair, muscular with piecing blue eyes. He had been enwrapped in the performance too the music piercing his soul. Though it wasn't the way he looked that got her attention. It was the look on his face as if he'd seen something he hadn't believed. Then she got it. He had seen her tail. He smiled this little grin that made her young heart give a little flip. She smiled back even though she knew she shouldn't have.

This all happened in a split second. The next thing she knew something had pierced the water beside her, casing her to snap to her senses. She swam down quickly hiding her tail. On her way down she found something. She realized it was what had been making the sounds on the boat. It was also the thing that had pierced the water beside her. Instead of heading home she took the thing and swam to the nearest island because she was pretty sure it wasn't meant to be underwater.

After cleaning the thing she learnt it was a guitar made by fender it was called Stratocaster. Then she swam back and warned everyone, though the cruise ship never returned again. Someone found out from a human newspaper that the ship had seen someone in the water and tried to save them but they drowned. They never found out it was melody.

That day was the day Melody discovered music. That was the day Melody fell in love. 

That was the day Melody vowed to become a rock star.

________________________________________________________________________

Hi folks!  

The chapters won't usually be this short but I figured this was a good ending. Please vote! I would really like this to be up there with rock prodigy and just what I needed. (great books) please please. I wild be really nice and remember to leave a comment.