Chapter 2- disappearing act

*bobs head*

You know what time it is guys!!!

NEW CHAPPIE!!!! There's not any drama yet so yeah. But hang in there! It's going to get epic!!! Btw a few of my friends asked me why the merpeople speak English and like we do. Well it's because I can't be bothered to make up a whole new language. Forgive me. (note the sarcasm)

_______________________________________________________________________

Melody groaned as her clam was thrown open. What happened to a sleep in?

"Get up! Time for the first day of school!"

"Danny!"

"It's seven, now get dressed we're stopping at coral."

Danny and Melody had grown up together. She had often been yelled at and hurt because girls at Melody's school believed she was 'Stealing their man'. Danny had the beach babe look going for him. He spent lots of time in the shallows riding waves and getting a tan. Melody never liked him in that way though, he just wasn't her type. She liked the bad boy look best. Typically. Danny was the only one who knew her secret, he loved the drums, finding them fascinating. Melody never let him even look at her guitar though, that would just raise questions.

Melody went to a private school just off the coast of Queensland, Australia, just under the great barrier reef. Her home was only 10 minutes away. The water was icy blue and the fish were tropical and polite. The best thing about her new school was that they were close to the shore, an hour's swim could get her to the beach.

The beach was filled with people, though Melody only really came for the music. Oh the music! Some was soulless crap, but there was one guy who came to the beach every Sunday. He always brought his headphones and listened to his music.

"C'mon melody WAKE UP"

Danny's annoyed voice brought her back to the present. She sat up and swam over to her closet. She chose her favourite blue dress with a scoop neckline and A-line skirt with pearls, Mermaids didn't wear much. Usually just a bikini or a top, but Melody preferred wearing clothes. If she didn't cover her tail she just felt too bare.

The swim to school was short but sweet. Danny bugged her about which teachers they would have and what the school bitch, Selene, was going to be wearing (or not wearing!) and mainly why they didn't have music as a subject. Though they already knew the answer.

"Hey fuckers!"

Only Selene could have said that. She owned the school theoretically and literally. She was Neptune's second cousin's daughter. You could tell because of the gold swirls in her tail. Oh yeah and she wasn't wearing anything, just as Danny had predicted.

"Look everyone, Miss Wears-a-skirt-all-the-time decided to show her ugly face around here again!"

There was a chorus of boo's from the crowd. They just wanted drama, so Melody gave them drama.

"Oh look, it's Miss Sticks-her-chest-out-whenever-a-guy-walks-near-her!" Melody retorted nonchalantly.

"Ooh."

"Oh no she didn't!"

"Uh oh, here comes trouble..."

Selene narrowed her eyes. Tension crackled in the air.

"Uhh. Wanna repeat that, Songbird?" she sneered. A glint in her eye appeared.

Melody froze. Songbird? What did that mean? Did she know? She licked her lips.

"What do you mean?" she hid her worry well.

Selene seemed to grow taller, and a menacing grin graced her sharp features.