Chapter 2

Jasmine rolled over in her bed after a long night of restlessly trying to get over the feeling that the waves just a few planks of wood away from her wouldn't break and drown her. Having not brought any clothes to wear she borrowed some of Anne Bonny's dresses that were intended to go down to mid-calf. Since Anne was shorter then she was the skirt was up much higher (up to her knees) than the original design intended, but she didn't mind much. Most of the clothes she already owned were shorter than this was. She stepped out of her room and headed over to the dining hall. She stepped through the wide doors to see that everybody else was awake and had already started eating without her. Everybody turned and looked at her. Blackbeard averted his eyes having never seen a girl with a dress shorter than mid-calf before. Jasmine noticed him blushing and started to blush herself. Abby and Jacey start looking back and forth between the two and then start to whisper to each other.

 "You said it would fit like it does on you!" Blackbeard whisper scream across the table to Anne. 

"I said nothing of the sort. You should have expected that!" she said back to him, laughing slightly. 

"I'm going to my room!" Blackbeard said picking up his plate and quickly walking out of the room still covering his eyes and trying not to look at Jasmine and her lovely knees. He tripped over a chair and his food went flying across the room drenching Abby in maple syrup in the process. He stood up glancing over at Abby who was pounding her fists together and giving him a death glare. He turned around and dashed out of the room. After a short while Blackbeard heard a faint knock at his heavy wooden door. It was Jasmine. As she walked in blackbeard was about to avert his eyes once again as he had during breakfast but he saw that she had a large captain coat on that was almost long enough to touch the floor. It was a very dark shade of mahogany, with golden trim around the edges. It seemed to be draped over her, like a light silken blanket, not at all how he had imagined a coat of that type would fit on a dainty girl. He recognized it as his old coat the he had instructed Jacey to toss overboard about 2 years before since he had grown much larger than it was. It seemed to fit her perfectly, the sleeves and the waist yet baggy seemed to still show her girlish figure. Not at all how it had looked on him. It appeared to be much bulkier on him than anything else he had owned at the time. Yet there was still something different about it. He scanned the coat again and found that on the right chest pocket a red rose had been stitched into it. He was broken out of the trance like state the coat had set him in when he heard Jacey and Abigail. 

"It looks nice on her doesn't it cap?" Jacey said a large grin stretching across her face as she saw how Blackbeard seemed to be gazing upon it.

 "The rose was my idea." Abigail said placing her hand on her chest as people often do when the are proud of one of their recent accomplishments.