Mad

You try to kill me.

(Deep inhale)

Boi.

Maybe I didn't make it clear to you. My name is Edgar. I write. This is a story. So put the fucking pieces together. You can't kill me. If you kill me, this world dies. It's not canon. Without me, any gems I create will cease. Speaking of which, I have a gem to shatter.

I lunge at Lapis and shatter her.

"Nooooo!" Steven yells.

Move and you're dead. I'll be right back.

I head into the barn. Now where did I put that notebook? It's gotta be around here somewhere.

Why bother? Just give in. Surrender this world to me. To your inner demons.

Why are you even here? I mean, it's not canon. Why are we trying to make an interesting character arc for a character these readers don't know or care about.

Advertising.

Oh, right.

It won't be long Edgar, you're slipping fast. When you snap, I'll be ready.

I'm just gonna ignore that for now.

Ah ha! Here it is! I pick up a notebook. It has all the notes on this story.

I go back outside and hand it to Steven.

That notebook will tell you how to defeat me. Cut and dry. Now, I have writing to do, so...

I pick Steven up.

Goodbye.

I throw Steven back towards the temple. He floats back down safely.

Are you trying to lose?

Yes.

Why?

To stop you, or, myself really. Without Gen, I'm nothing more than a demon to be slain.

Heh, boy, if you won't accept your true form willingly...

A demonic version of myself appears before me. Sharp talons, a gaping maw, my true self.

Then I will break you by force.

Then let us begin.

Even though it's all in my head, I lunge...