Chapter 6

Ashley P.O.V

There was a knock on the door but I am too tired to acknowledge it, they couldn't let anyone in as Karen was also my social worker and she's, well she's missing. The door opened and there was footsteps coming near to my bed, I din't know who's but I just lied there looking up into my own little bubble. I wanted a hug nut I knew that Demi wouldn't come here and Karen can't. At that point I sat up and tears escaped, there was no ore being strong, someone had wrapped their arms around me and at that moment I froze. Someone was hugging me and I didn't know who, panic was overtaking and I couldn't breath until the person whispered telling me to match my breathing with theirs. That was the moment I realised that it was Demi, here in my hospital room. I was stunned, I didn't know what to say. I stared at her and noticed another person in the room and freaked out again. Demi held me close and the other person motioned that they were leaving the room. Once they left Demi's phone went off, she checked it quickly and started to say "I'm sorry, I just- I just hope you're doing okay", "I will be, I hope she's safe and not alone, she was/is all I have, all I know about family. I need her to be okay, I need my family."I sucked in a breath and asked "How did you know I was here? Why are you here? Who was that other person?" Demi chuckled and replied "Well the other person is Marissa, she came with me to the adoption center where I was going to talk to you about me adopting you but Sam told us everything, I felt so bad about you being here all alone I thought you could use someone to talk to and a hug. So now I've explained all this I guess we should talk, if you're ready  that is."

I was shocked to say the least but could be happy, not knowing where Karen is and how she is doing? "Sure, but I may get a little emotional. I've not done this without Karen in the room". Demi smiled softly and said "That's okay, I'll be here for you, crying doesn't mean that you're weak, it means you've been strong for too long." I smiled back we spoke about the adoption for awhile until Marissa walked in and said I had another visitor. My heart raced and I asked Demi to stay with me and she agreed.

The person walked in and I froze. I couldn't breathe properly, I needed Demi, she helped me and he spoke "It's been awhile, hows my little sparkling flame?" I smiled at him and leaned in for  a hug, leaving Demi and Marissa very confused. 

"This here is Alex,my big brother." I introduced him and continued " Alex is in the army, so they won't let him adopt me, Karen fought for him to see me whenever either of us wanted but we got the meet every month. We are meant to phone and talk to each other everday but the center won't allow it. Our meet was supposed to be yesterday but I came to the concert so we pospond it until today." I breathed and Alex continued " when I had waited in our usual spot in the corner of the park for an hour I got worried, I went and spoke to Sam and this is where we are flem, I am so sorry I couldn't help you or Karen, she was so loving."

My eyes welled up again and Demi, Alex and Marissa all hugged me and I felt safe. It was when two police officers walked in and separated us that my heart sank. " Excuse me, I am Sergeant Sawyer and this is Detective Edwards. I'm afraid to inform you that you all have to leave whilst we ask Miss Hunter some questions." Explained Sgt Sawyers. 

"Bye Demi, Bye Marissa."I said giving them a hug, "Bye-Bye Squid, wait outside for me...please?" I asked. "Sure, but I have to leave soon. I am being deployed for 6 months." Alex replied, his face full of sorrow. W hugged and outside the room he went. Again, my eyes brimmed with tears as the police asked away with their questions. I tried my best to answer all the questions I could but everything was going black. Like I couldn't remember anything. "Miss Hunter, Are you okay?" Asked detective Edwards. 
"Yes, I am fine, I think, I just - can my friends come back in, I need to say good-bye to my brother and I feel like we are getting nowhere. I am sorry I couldn't help anymore." I said and started to cry. "yes, we'll bring them in and you were very helpful. Thank you Miss Hunter. We will find her." Detective Edwards replied.

Demi and Marissa walked back into the room but no Alex. I started to sob and Demi tried all she could to make me stop but then Alex ran into the room and hugged me "ALEX! I thought you left without a good-bye." I exclaimed. "Would I do that to you, my little flame?" he replied. We hugged for about 5 minutes until his phone rang and he had to go. "Bye squid, let me know when you'll be back?" I asked. "Sure Flame, I love you" He replied. I replied with a muffled "love you" as he disappeared from the door. 

"Demi, the conversation that we had earlier, were you serious?" I asked suddenly "Of course I was, have you decided?" Demi asked back, "yes, my answer is yes" I responded with a smile. Demi smiled and left the room to make some calls. "Marissa, what if I fail Demi? What if she doesn't like me in the end?" Marissa looked at me as though I had two heads and began to chuckle "Ashley, Demi loves you, if she didn't, would she have stayed here with you, in hospital?" Marissa replied "Thank you" I replied and pulled her into a hug.

A/N:

I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to update, I have exams and writers block at the moment. I am trying to write down anything I can into a notebook and then I upload onto here however, my internet keeps playing about which makes me feel like I am letting you all down. Therefore I have increased my word count to 1000. Hope you enjoy and once again I am terribly sorry. 

Ash