Chapter 1 You spoke?

Nathan

I woke up the next morning to my alarm. It was 6:30 and school starts at 8:15.

I got out of bed and went into the bathroom to shower.

After I showered I went into my closet to find an outfit.

Her outfit.

I grabbed my phone and my bag and walked down stairs.

My mom was making breakfast when I went down the stairs.

"Good morning sweetie" she says. I sign "good morning" she smiles and sets down bacon, eggs, and pancakes.

"Im not hungry" I sign. "Okay honey, love you!" She calls as I walk out the door.

She was fairly rich so our house was like a mansion.

I had my own fabulous car and more...

I got into my car and drove to school.

Today was the first day of senior year, the last year of hell.

I got to school and looked at my phone. 7:55. I still had a good amount of time.

I got out of my car and got stares.

"The freak is back"

"Did she loose weight?"

"No she gained weight"

"Shes kinda hot" *slap*

"Thats the freak!"

"And? She's hot"

I roll my eyes and walk up to the school. I opened the door and walked in.

I went straight to my locker and got my stuff for first period. Math.

I got my stuff and as I was closing my locker someone tapped on my shoulder.

I turned my head to see someone I hadn't seen before.

He was tall, pale, attractive, his hair was black and his eyes were emerald green.

He was wearing a leather jacket with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, a navy blue shirt, black skinny jeans with holes in them, and black converse.

"Hey im new. I need some help. Where is math?" He asks me, he had a deep voice. I nodded and grabbed my stuff as we walked.

"Im Nathan by the way. And you are?" He asks me.

I lifted up one of my notebooks that said Nova in my beautiful handwriting.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful lady" he says. I turn to him and roll my eyes.

We make it to math class and I sit down. He follows me. "So you have math too" he mumbles.He sits down beside me.

As the bell rings more and more people walk in, and finally the teacher, Mr.Nice.

"Good morning class. I am your math teacher Mr.Nice. today we will not be doing any work but we will all come up to the front of the class and say your name and one thing about yourself. Who wants to go first?" He asks the class.

The number one bitch raises her hand.

She walks uo to the board and says, "my name is Pheona Headly and I am single and ready to mingle" she winks at Nathan.

He flips her off and she gasps.

She goes to sit down.

This goes on and I was the last one left then the bell rang.

I grabbed my stuff and walked out of the classroom and went to my locker.

I had biology next period.

I got my stuff and closed my locker. As I stood up I was tripped.

I looked up at Pheona.

"Why was that really hot boy talking to you?" She asks me. I shrug and get up, my stuff still in my hands.

"You must be really stupid since you won't speak!" She yells at me. I roll my eyes and go to biology.

2 periods later...

Lunch time...

I put my stuff in my locker and began to walk to the library.

Since I dont have friends and I dint eat much I go to the library.

I walk into the library and look on the shelves to find a good book.

There was always music playing in the library and one of my favorite songs played.
Death of a Bachelor by Panic at the Disco comes on.

I sing along lowly. Im always being watched and I have asked before if I could sing and he was fine with it. But only in front of one or two person at a time.

The only person in here was the librarian.

I was told when I was younger how amazing I was at singing but my problem was it was family. So if they were lying...

When the song ended I heard clapping.

5 people were clapping.

The librarian.

Nathan.

Dylan (popular boy)

Alex (popular boy)

Zane (popular boy)

Landen (nurd)

"That was amazing and we heard your voice!" Landen exclaimed. "You were pretty good. Your a freak with an amazing voice" Zane said.

"That was pretty good" Dylan says. "When you moved here in 6th grade, you didn't speak and now we have heard your voice. Why dont you speak more?" Alex asked me.

"Damn that was good" Nathan says.

"It brought tears to my eyes" the librarian said, wiping away her tears.

Alex walks up to my sitting figure. He sits down beside me. "You didn't answer my question" he says.

I dont speak. Then I got a message on my phone.

E:5 people. 5 whole people. Ill see you tonight for your punishment.

M: fuck you I haven't spoken in front of anyone in 6 years. 5 people heard me singing. Why cant I speak? I will never say a word about what you did to me.

E: fine by one mess up and your dead. No punishment this time.

Then I put my phone up.

"None of your damn business" I say in his face.

He looked at me like I grew two heads. "Tou spoke? Directly to me" he says. "Well I didn't know that. I thought I was talking to myself" I say sarcastically.

He chuckles, " damn for a girl that hasn't spoken at all in 6 years. You are feisty" he says.

"Want to come to lunch with us?" Dylan asks me. "Yeah sure" I say, I set the book down and walk with them to the lunch room.

It feels good to speak.