Cocoa and Rick and Morty

1:04 AM

"What is up my cranky crew?" you heard your boyfriend shout from the other room. He was up late recording after hours of editing other videos. His persistence was admirable, a small smile planted on your face as you thought of him.

"Shit.." you said, remembering that physics book from earlier. Why did I pick physics again? Oh yeah... Your school required at least one science credit, and you decided, since you were good at math, you'd be just as good at physics. Ha.

You cursed yourself for your foolish assumptions and continued studying, taking notes on beta and alpha decay as you had a unit exam in two days.

1:37 AM

"Ahhh" you exclaimed a tad too loudly, stretching out as you stood.

You felt a strong pair of arms wrap themselves around your form.

"How's the studying?" the cheery voice said behind you.

"Oh, you know, studious" you responded, exhausted, "How was the new video?"

He chirped up at this telling you all the best details about the game and a couple of mishaps. You listened to him intently, smiling the entire time. He was so passionate, it was adorable!

His arms were so warm and a small yawn slipped out.

"Eh, babe, are you tired?" Ethan asked, his sincerity coming across.

"Hm, nope!" you said happily, obviously not wanting to sleep yet.

"How about we drink some hot chocolate and binge watch Rick and Morty?" he asked, "We can fall asleep on the couch too, I'll go get the fluffy blanket!"

You smiled as he ran off from you, looking for the grayish-blue blanket. I guess I better get that hot chocolate started. You walked into the kitchen pulling out a pair of matching mugs and mini marshmallows. Heating up the milk, you mixed in the cocoa powder. Once it was done, you poured the dark mixture equally into each mug, filling up the liquid surface with marshmallows. You picked up both mugs and took them into the living room to see the first episode of season 2 playing with your boyfriend hiding in a blanket cave. You snuggled in next to him, handing him his mug carefully.

"Thank you, baby, you're amazing" he told you as he accepted his drink. 

2:49 AM

Ethan was starting up the fourth episode while you cuddled further into his arms. You felt your eyelids getting heavy as you came in and out of consciousness, trying your hardest to fight off this dreadful sleep. You heard the usual Rick and Morty opening as your eyes shut closed.

"Hmm?" you heard Ethan say as you felt his lips on your forehead, giving you a small kiss.

"Goodnight, princess."