Chapter 8

After the incident with Cat Noir, pretty much everything went back to the way it always was. The hospital still insisted that it would hold me for a little while longer, so I had to bear the plates of colored mush for at least two more days.

In those two days, quite a few people visited me.

First were my parents, who had been relieved to hear that I was okay. I had also been happy to hear that they were okay. My dad had a few scratches on his arms from the shattered glass, but those would heal in a few days or less. He had a few burns, too, but with all of the burns gained from the bakery, he didn't really notice them.

My mom was more emotionally scarred than physically. She was so scared for Dad when he didn't come out of the building with her. On top of that, I had to go into the building, too. When she visited me in the hospital, she literally flung her arms around me and started sobbing hysterically. It took the nurses quite a while to pry her off of me.

Alya visited me, also. She brought me some balloons and a box of chocolates, and I barely had enough time to set them on the bedside table before she started recording me. "So, Marinette... what was it like to be saved by Cat Noir?"  She asked me. After the unexpected interview, we just sat and talked for a while.

Before long, though, Alya had to leave, leaving me all alone in the stuffy hospital room.

It was a relief when I was told that I was allowed to leave. I jumped strait out of my bed and got dressed as fast as I could. My parents came by the hospital room to pick me up and drive me to the new apartment.

I asked them what the apartment was like, but they just said it was a surprise. I tried to pry some sort of information about it out of them, but they wouldn't give in to my constant pleading.

We arrived at the apartment after a short while. We got out of the car and grabbed the few possessions we had, and headed inside the house.

I helped unpack for a little bit, then headed up to my room. I was anxious to see what it looked liked.

I thumped up the stairs and flung my bedroom door open.

And so, here I stand, looking at the dusty sight laid out before me. My room isn't nearly as big as the previous one, but it's sufficient. The ceiling comes up to a point, because I'm at the top of the apartment building. A dinky little window lies at the far end of the room...

I spot something out of the window. I run up to it, and wipe the dust off of it. Sure enough, Cat Noir chases some akumatized civilian across the rooftops of Paris.

"Tikki, spots on!"