Chapter 10

"So..." Chat Noir says awkwardly, staring down at the previously akumatized man. The man is still very large, but not as muscley as before. "We should probably get you off of the rooftop," Chat says to the man.

The man stares confused at both of us, as if he can't remember what happened, but he nods his head and lets us take him down to street level.

Chat Noir and I make sure he's alright after the intensity of the battle we just had. The man assures us that he's alright, and he continues his day as if nothing ever happened.

After the man leaves to go to work, me and Chat Noir stand on the sidewalk, ready to depart. My earrings beep at the same time Chat's ring does.

"We should probably go," I say to him.

"Of course. Until next time, M'lady," Chat Noir says with a wink.

All of the sudden, his smile falters. He's looking strangely at something on my face. I rub my hands over my face, feeling if there's something there. There isn't.

"What is it?" I ask him.

"Um..." he says softly, bringing a hand up to my cheek. He drops his hand before it ever reaches my face, though, and backs up a few steps. "It's... nothing. I- I'll see you tomorrow, M'lady."

Chat Noir starts hurriedly walking away before scaling the wall of an apartment building, and disppearing in the large cityscape.

I sigh. I will never understand him.

Only when my earring give a warning beep is when I start swinging home on my yo-yo as fast as I can. I swing into my small little bedroom window, and close it shut.

As I work with the lock on the window, I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I wrinkle my nose at the windblown look my hair has. Then, something in my reflection catches my eye.

Oh no. The stitches.

I find myself unable to breath. So this was what Chat Noir was looking at.

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no.

My identity. He knows my identity! Why didn't I try to cover up the stitches? How could somethig as big as that have slipped my mind?

I slump in a pile on the floor as I transform back into Marinette. Tikki flies onto my shoulder.

"It's alright, Marinette!" She says. "This isn't the end of the world. In fact, it might make your life a little easier, not having to keep your identity from him!"

I brush Tikki off of my shoulder.

Chat Noir knows my identity.

Oh no.

AN: Hey guys, I'm back!!! Sorry for not writing for forever, I've been pretty busy. Also, sorry for the short chapter. Future chapters will be better, I promise.