Prologue

I stood in front of the judges table. They glanced at each other, before settling their eyes on the three finalists; a brunette with multiple metal spike piercings on her face, wearing a loose dark grey tank top, with ripped jet black jeans showing around half her thighs. The other finalist was a tall man, roughly 24 years old I would guess. He was a ginger, and stood tall, arrogance dripping from his face as he stared the judges in the eyes. A smirk lay on his face with  his hands resting on his hips on top of his navy blue shirt.

          I stood to the left of the ginger, terrified for the results of the art competition finals. My long blonde hair rest behind my shoulders, on my white and pink t-shirt, long sleeved as usual. I wore a pair of black, beat up DC runners, and dark skinny jeans. My wrist was covered in charcoal from some extra sketching between rounds from the nerves of the competition.

          After around 10 minutes of awkward standing on the stage, the judges finally concluded their examination of our pieces of art. There was another few seconds of silence, before they were ready to announce the winner. First place moves on to the next round, which was to be held in Florida, with competitors from all around the world, with a cheque for $500. Second place was  $250 dollars, with the addition of going to the next round.  Third place was simply out of luck, going home with nothing but a bruised ego.

          With the suspense killing me, they finally announced.
           "In second place,  Matthew Wingers." I stared at the goth looking girl, as it was down to her and I. Applause spread through the room before the ginger angrily stormed out, clearly pissed that he did not get first place. The smirk was replaced by a snarl.
          " And the first place winner, going to the internationals all expenses paid, is..." A short pause that seemed to last forever.
          " Miss Sarah O'Connell."
Music to my ears. I began to scream, and jump up and down with joy. I had never thought that I would amount to anything, also due to the fact that it had been pounded into my head since I was a little girl, but this was the first major step in the right direction. I was headed to Florida, and I was going to start fresh, with my head held high, and no looking back.

___________________________
Hi guys! Sorry if the prologue is kinda slow, but I promise PTX is in the next chapter!

Hope you like it so far, this is just kind of covering the backstory a bit. It will be more interesting I promise!

Please comment what you Think so far!