Chapter one

I sat in the car outside the airport, my brother waiting for me to get out as he was driving. I sat in silence for a few minutes before turning to him.
"Thanks again For the ride Jesse." I stared forward, as he looked at me with his bright blue eyes, waiting for me to either say something more or to get out of the car.
          Jesse was 26; three years older than me. He ran his hand through his dirty blond hair, which was styled fairly short on the sides and slightly longer on the top so it could flip back over his head. He pulled me into a hug, and I held it for a few minutes. His frame was large and muscular, so I was basically stuck in the hug until he ended it anyways.
          "You're going to do great, Sarah." He paused for a few moments. If I was to make it past this level in the competition then I wouldn't be seeing him for a long time; possibly months. He was my best friend.
          "You better get going, Ace." Ace was the nickname I had proudly gained from beating Jesse in hours worth of childhood card games.
          My eyes began to tear up as I gave him a quick hug once again, and then began to leave the car.
          "Love you."
          "Love you too kiddo. Call me when you get to Florida." He said.
          " I wiped my face, smiled and nodded, and then turned around with my suitcase and walked straight into the airport without looking back.

          The building was absolutely packed. As it turned out, there was a major storm scheduled to hit, which could cause many issues with the planes.
           My plane was supposed to leave at 4:30pm, and it was 4:15, so I began to run. I quickly cleared customs, and continued through the airport. When I reached my terminal, I looked out the row of windows, only to see black clouds settling down across the entire sky in every direction. I watched as the rain began and low thunder rumbled in the distance. Walking over to where I regularly would have been boarding my plane, I was told to "please have a seat" and that I would be informed soon about the situation at hand.
          After around a half hour of waiting, the group of people waiting to board this particular plane, including myself, were told that the flight had been cancelled, and that our tickets would be able to be used on another flight that heads out to Florida very soon. Another message was delivered, stating that roads were shutting down because of the weather conditions, and the damage that was being done because of the lightning strikes and the heavy hail. It was said that we shouldn't leave the airport because of the dangers, and there was nowhere to go so we should all get comfortable because we would be here a while.

          I groaned, and walked to the nearest seat I could find, which happened to be between an elderly woman and a man with a strange looking and slightly greasy beard, settling down with my black and red suitcase in front of me.
          After around three hours of failed attempts at reaching Jesse on the phone, because of the storm, I gave up as my phone was at 3% battery left. I looked around at the people around me.
          There was a family, obviously going to Florida for a vacation; the three children were asleep within two chairs beside the parents. To the left of the family was an elderly couple, and beside them was a couple who were making out, with periodic breaks for breathing because of how aggressive they were.
          After my staring at the couple had gotten their attention, I dramatically looked away from their rather scary glares. They quickly returned to their previous actions after they dropped their judgemental looks. I then looked to the right of the family going on vacation, when I saw... him.
___________________________
          Hey guys! Hope you like this chapter! Just getting into the ptx part, but there will be more to come so I hope you keep reading:)  Thanks a lot guys, please comment what you think so far.