The Ice God

This little chapter is to tell you of how Chief Winter became an Ice God through the eyes of Chief Winter. Enjoy

I was just a boy when I realized my powers, the ice came to me like a bad dream and I had no idea how to control it. By the years I became a teenager I used my powers like they were a gift from the gods. But a part of me believed my powers had darker intentions, and boy was I right. At the age of 22, I was going to take my place as Chief, when another man challenged me for the spot. We settled it with a duel, we were both given hatchets too duel with. Our battle went on for hours it seemed.  We were both equally matched until I let myself get cocky, the other got behind me and tripped me. He held the hatchet to my throat and I could feel my powers going against me. It only took one swift movement and he was impaled by an ice spike that shot out of my hand. His body fell to the dirt and I stood up. I took my place as chief and my people feared me. But when the snow began to fall I knew I had too find Chione the goddess of snow, she would help us. The snow was stopping our crops from growing and the cold that came with it was killing our livestock. So I decided I had to find her and plea for her to stop the snow. Legend had it the South Mountains ice peak was her domain and that's where I went. 

When I came to the mountain she presented herself as a polar bear. She threatened to attack our people until I presented my ice powers to her. Chione heard my plea and struck a deal with me. She said my powers were the product of a ritual done by the ex-medicine woman of Chief Thunder, her name was Snow, She was banished from the village for experimenting with dead bodies, so she wanted revenge. In the night she stole the son of Chief Thunder and cursed him and the family. Every other generation would be cursed with ice. Eventually the ice will consume the owners body and freeze him throughout. For years the children born with blue eyes were sacrificed as a way to please the medicine woman. So Chione made me a deal. If I agreed to be with her as her immortal protector the snow would stop plaguing our people. I took her deal. 

But when I left without telling my son of the tradition, Hielo was born and raised. Now Hielo is the last Mortal Ice Holder. If he doesn't find some way to combat Snow he will be consumed by the ice and the Apache people will die. Hielo, you must speak with Chione and find some way to combat Snow.