Chapter One

"Hey listen!" I said to the women standing a few yards ahead in front of me, wearing a red gown with beautiful golden embroidery on it. She was plucking a white flower from a small green plant besides her. That flower. I had seen it somewhere. Where? I questioned myself . Though I couldn't recognize the plant or the flower. Well, I was expecting her to turn around and explain how I landed up here surrounded by all these strange looking trees. The trees were long enormous with white bark and small greenish red leaves at the apex to each branch. I never came across these trees in my life. I grew up in woods. I had an island all to myself. Okay. Not all to myself. I lived with my dad but I knew my island very well; every corner of it. This is definitely not my island. Why didn't she turn around? Maybe I wasn't audible to her. I paced forward in her direction.

"Hey lady! Can you please tell me what this place is? " I called her out again; I wanted to sound as polite as possible. I didn't want her to think of me as a threat. She didn't listen to me this time too. Instead she started pacing in the opposite direction. Great, I thought. I paced towards her in a hurry. But she was gone, vanished in woods somewhere. I couldn't locate her anywhere.

I looked around, my eyes tried hard to locate any living creature. To my disappointment there were none. I wanted to know where I was. I didn't want to get stuck here alone in this strange place. The only human being which was to be seen has already disappeared. I need to be at home. Dad must be worried about me. I have to get out this place soon. I need to contact my dad. I sat down making myself a seat in the roots of the tree besides me.

"Amar! Amar!" suddenly a voice called out my name. The voice echoed in the woods. Is this her voice? The lady I met in moods. Well it seems she knows my name. But I have never heard this voice before. I looked for her. Where is this voice coming from? The echoing is just making it hard to locate the source. There she was, hiding partially behind those strange white trees. Should I answer to this voice? How does she knows y name? I am not sure. My heartbeat rose. I could almost hear it out loud. I could feel the increase velocity of blood flowing beneath my skin. Am I afraid? I shouldn't be. It will trigger my powers. Calm down. I closed my eyes. Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out.

"Amar! Amar!" again the voice called out my name.

I opened my eyes. It was Dad calling out my name, shaking me out of bed. He saw towards me, our eyes met, he smiled his mocking smile. He got up from the study chair besides the bed and walked towards the window and pulled the curtains. Allowing the sunlight to enter my room. The sunlight made its way through the open window falling directly towards me was pinching my eyes.

"Dad not again" I mumbled. Rubbing my eyes with right hand. It irritated me. He knew it irritated me. He did this on purpose to check if I go out of control and wipe out the entire living race on this earth.

"For god's sake dad. You shouldn't do this every day. Someday I will actually get mad and kill everyone in this earth." I said.

"No you won't, I trust you besides no father would allow his son to sleep for 12 hours straight." He said with the same mocking smile.

I looked in the direction of the wall clock. Yea right. I slept at midnight yesterday and if my wall clock isn't showing me the wrong time it indeed is 12pm. So am yea. I have slept for 12 hours today. And almost every day. Over the years I have realized and accepted I am a lazy guy. It's almost like a routine for me to sleep 12 hours. Moreover there aren't many things you can do in an island until and unless you are two years old and find everything interesting. Well I am sure I have passed that age long ago.

"Who cares dad? It's just us in this entire island. Yea I do understand this whole concept of coming here to this island so that I can learn to control my emotions, which If I fail to control would trigger my powers and using them would help the evil primes to pin point my location and hence I would be killed. But I think this fact doesn't mention anywhere of getting up early. Does it?. I said and smiled.