Chapter one

Why am I starting multiple stories at once, I do not know. This is a dramione fanfic, I know I mostly do Batcat but I just thought about adding something a little different. (I'm still going Gone like smoke don't worry it's coming.)

Draco's first night back at Hogwarts turned from bad to worse as he marched down the dark corridors. Not only was he labeled as the death eater who returned to Hogwarts to carry out You know who's legacy. He was peeved off beyond limits.

His mother begged him to go back to Hogwarts to fulfill his education, she said it would be a good start to get their lives back on track. He doubted anything would go back to normal at the fact his father was in Azkaban. The moment he stepped into the great hall everyone gave him looks. Students and teachers were watching his every move as he sat at the end of the Slytherin table.

It bothered him greatly.

The whole evening was terrible. Mcgonagall started off the dinner with the usual welcome back speech but he paid no attention to what she had to say until near the end.

"Therefore, I am proud to announce the new heads for the year and all their hard work has paid off over the years." A thin smile graced onto her features as she brought her glasses up. "This years head girl is Miss Hermione Granger." The entire room erupted with applaud as she stood up from her seat, smiling widely. Rolling his eyes, he scoffed and took a swing from his goblet. Of course smart arse Granger would get head girl. It was only a matter of time before Potter joined her up there with all the glory. He could almost see them prancing about the school with their head badges glistening in the sunlight.

"As for this years head boy goes to..." She trailed off, her smile completely wiped from her face as she stared grimly at the sheet of parchment. "Draco Malfoy."

The room was filled with silence and everyone turned to his direction. He almost spilled his drink when his name was said. A few Slytherins started clapping but it was cut short by the tense atmosphere that thickened each second. "I would like to speak with the heads at the end of dinner."

After the speech was over all thoughts of eating left him as he gazed at the long line of food before him. Chatter began to pick up again while people busied themselves with food and their peers. He kept to himself throughout it, randomly filling his plate with food so he had something to do. For a brief moment he made eye contact with Granger. His scowl deepened, looking away from her he angrily stabbed his fork into the meat.

There must be some sort of mistake.

...

At the end of dinner students began to leave in a clutter. First years scurried over to their prefects and followed them excitedly out the hall. He stayed glued in his seat, glaring at anyone who passed him. They feared him and some just hated him but he was fine with that, he planned on using this power of intimidation to get through the year.

The hall got emptier and emptier until the only students left were himself and Potters crew. He couldn't hear what they were saying but judging by the wariy looks they were giving him he could only imagine them voicing their complaints about how he would be in close proximity with Granger. She seemed to have finally reassured them as they made a sluggish move to the door, before sending him one last threatening glare.

In the corner of his eye he saw Granger slide out of the bench. Standing tall and proud she strolled over to Mcgonagall who stood patiently at the front. Her heels tapped against the stone floor making his ears twitch with each step. He found himself following far behind her, dragging his feet his shoulders slumped down in dread.

When he eventually reached them Mcgonagall plastered on a small smile before starting. "Congratulations on your new titles as heads." She said more to Granger.