Chapter 4

"That​ ​was​ ​too​ ​harsh,​ ​sir."

"To​o ​fucking​ ​harsh?!​ ​Niall​ ​he-"

"Master,​ ​you​ ​got​ ​to​ ​understand,​ ​he​ ​was​ ​ripped​ ​away​ ​from​ ​his​ ​life​ ​just​ ​a​ few ​days​ ​ago."

"I​ ​don't​ ​care,​ ​he​ ​is​ ​prisoner​ ​and​ ​should​ ​act​ ​like​ ​one."

"Give​ ​him​ ​a​ ​chance,​ ​sir,​ ​you​ ​know​ ​maybe​ ​he​ ​could-"

"Don't​ ​you​ ​dare."

"No​ ​sir,​ ​I​ ​think​ ​Niall​ ​is​ ​right.​ ​After-all​ ​this​ ​can't​ ​just​ ​be​ ​a​ ​coincidence,​ ​just​ ​a​ ​few​ ​weeks​ ​before​ ​your birthday,​ ​final​ ​birthday​ ​may​ ​I​ ​add."

"Men-"

"No​ ​master.​ ​At​ ​least​ ​try​ ​be​ ​nice​ ​to​ ​Louis,​ ​he​ ​is​ ​our​ ​last​ ​chance​ ​and​ ​you​ ​know​ ​it."

_______

I​ ​slowly​ ​creak​ ​the​ ​door​ ​of​ ​my​ ​room​ ​open,​ ​looking​ ​left​ ​and​ ​right.

Good.​ ​The​ ​hallway​ ​is​ ​empty​ ​and​ ​I​ ​can't​ ​hear​ ​a​ ​noise​ ​anywhere.​ ​I​ ​take​ ​that​ ​as​ ​my​ ​cue​ ​to​ ​leave​ ​theroom.​ ​The​ ​only​ ​thing​ ​that​ ​can​ ​be​ ​heard​ ​is​ ​the​ ​growling​ ​of​ ​my​ ​stomach. 

I​ ​walk​ ​down​ ​a​ ​big​ ​spiraling​ ​staircase,​ ​walk​ ​through​ ​countless​ ​corridors​ ​and​ ​big,​ ​dark​ ​hallways​ ​when​ ​I finally​ ​stand​ ​in​ ​front​ ​of​ ​a​ ​double​ ​door.​ ​I​ ​open​ ​it​ ​to​ ​find​ ​an​ ​old​ ​rusty​ ​kitchen,​ ​but​ ​I​ ​couldn't​ ​care​ ​less about​ ​its​ ​state,​ ​anything​ ​will​ ​do​ ​to​ ​fill​ ​my​ ​stomach.

"Ahem."

I​ ​hear​ ​someone​ ​clear​ ​their​ ​throat​ ​from​ ​behind​ ​me​ ​just​ ​when​ ​I'm​ ​filling​ ​up​ ​a​ ​pot​ ​to​ ​make​ ​myself​ ​some tea.​ ​I​ ​quickly​ ​turn,​ ​afraid​ ​to​ ​see​ ​the​ ​big​ ​beast​ ​but​ ​am​ ​happily​ ​surprised​ ​when​ ​I​ ​see​ ​an​ ​unfamiliar​ ​man smile​ ​at​ ​me​ ​with​ ​the​ ​kindest​ ​smile​ ​I've​ ​seen​ ​these​ ​past​ ​couple​ ​days.

"I'm​ ​sorry,​ ​please​ ​don't​ ​tell​ ​on​ ​me,​ ​I'm​ ​just​ ​so​ ​hungry."

"Don't​ ​you​ ​worry​ ​doll,​ ​I'll​ ​make​ ​you​ ​something​ ​to​ ​eat.​ ​Go​ ​sit."

"Oh​ ​no,​ ​I​ ​can​ ​do​ ​it​ ​myself,​ ​don't-"

"Oh​ ​don't​ ​be​ ​silly,​ ​you're​ ​our​ ​guest.​ ​I​ ​was​ ​going​ ​to​ ​cook​ ​for​ ​my​ ​boyfriend​ ​and​ ​myself​ ​anyway."

Boyfriend?

"Li,​ ​are​ ​you​ ​making​ ​my​ ​fav-​ ​Oh​ ​hello,​ ​monsieur."

Niall​ ​stumbles​ ​into​ ​the​ ​kitchen,​ ​a​ ​blush​ ​coating​ ​his​ ​cheeks.

_____

"A​ ​palace​ ​tour?​ ​We'd​ ​be​ ​glad​ ​to​ ​guide​ ​you​ ​around​ ​the​ ​castle,​ ​doll,​ ​right​ ​Ni?"

"Yeah,​ ​mais​ ​oui."

"Oh,​ ​well​ ​alright,​ ​I'd​ ​love​ ​a​ ​tour."

I​ ​smile​ ​at​ ​the​ ​couple.​ ​I​ ​decided​ ​that​ ​if​ ​I​ ​am​ ​going​ ​to​ ​be​ ​stuck​ ​here​ ​from​ ​this​ ​they​ ​on,​ ​I​ ​might​ ​as​ ​well​ ​just enjoy​ ​myself​ ​and​ ​actually​ ​try​ ​befriend​ ​the​ ​nice​ ​staff.

"Well​ ​we​ ​now​ ​are​ ​in​ ​the​ ​east-wing,​ ​kitchen​ ​area​ ​and​ ​living​ ​room,​ ​things​ ​like​ ​that.​ ​Your​ ​room, monsieur​ ​is​ ​in​ ​the​ ​north-wing,​ ​our​ ​room​ ​is​ ​up​ ​there​ ​too,​ ​just​ ​a​ ​few​ ​rooms​ ​down."

"You​ ​can​ ​always​ ​find​ ​us​ ​either​ ​there​ ​or​ ​here​ ​in​ ​the​ ​kitchen.​ ​After-all​ ​that's​ ​my​ ​job."

Liam​ ​smiles​ ​at​ ​me.​ ​He​ ​has​ ​something​ ​comforting​ ​over​ ​him,​ ​like​ ​a​ ​mother-figure.​ ​I​ ​internally​ ​laugh​ ​at the​ ​idea​ ​of​ ​Niall​ ​and​ ​Liam​ ​as​ ​my​ ​parents.

"Well​ ​up​ ​to​ ​South,​ ​you​ ​two​ ​coming?"

"What​ ​is​ ​up​ ​in​ ​the​ ​West-wing?"

I​ ​am​ ​curious​ ​to​ ​know​ ​everything​ ​about​ ​this​ ​palace,​ ​it's​ ​so...​ ​intriguing,​ ​weird​ ​enough.

"Oh,​ ​uh,​ ​nothing,​ ​nothing​ ​at​ ​all,​ ​just​ ​some​ ​stairs,​ ​some​ ​dust,​ ​literally​ ​nothing."

_______________

Hello everybody!

'nothing, literally nothing'

X Emma