Chapter 8

GAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGA

Maybe we're not supposed to be happy. Maybe gratitude has nothing to do with joy. Maybe being grateful is recognizing what you have for what it is. And maybe we're thankful for things we'll never know.

GAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGA

Meredith had just gotten off the phone with Cristina when Derek came into the living room.

"Who was on the phone?" he asked.

"Oh Cristina invited us to a barbeque at 4:00 tonight."

"Cristina Yang-Burke is having a barbeque?" Derek said joking.

"Actually you must refer to her as Dr. Yang-Burke and yes but I think she's just trying to help me figure things out or remember stuff."

Derek nodded, "How are you feeling this morning?"

"Fine, no morning sickness yet but I probably just cursed myself."

Derek sat down onto the couch with her and put his arms around her. She relaxed under his strong embrace.

"I love you." he said while kissing her temple.

She paused for a second, "I love too."

GAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGA

"IZZIE!" Alex called out for his girlfriend of almost 5 years.

Izzie came running down the stairs.

"What!"

"Cristina just called and invited us to a barbeque at their house tonight at 4:00"

Izzie raised her eyebrows, "Seriously?"

"Yep."

"Did she want us to bring anything?" she asked

"She asked if you could bake some cookies or something."

Her face broke out into a huge smile, "I'll be in the kitchen for the rest of the morning and probably until an hour before we leave, so don't bother me."

She ran off into the kitchen, "What did I get myself into, wanting to date her or even planning on proposing to her." he thought to himself.

Alex went upstairs into the guest bedroom and opened one of the dressers. He dug under some blankets to find what he was looking for - a 4K three diamond, gold band ring with the inscription - Dr. Model and Evil Spawn 4Ever. He smiled, Izzie was the perfect one for him and he couldn't wait to spend the rest of his life with her.

GAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGA

Derek walked into the bedroom that he and Meredith shared. Meredith was in there looking for something to wear.

"Cristina called and she wants us to come early so that we can help set up because Burke got called in for an emergency surgery so he is going to be late." Derek said to her.

"Derek, I can't fit into my skinny jeans anymore"

Derek look at Meredith and sure enough the pants she was trying to pull up, wouldn't go past her midsection. The thing that struck him the most was her small bulge in her stomach.

"You didn't tell me that you started showing already."

"Yea," she looked down at her stomach, "I just really noticed it yesterday."

"It's incredible, you're incredible." He looked deeply into her eyes.

She looked at him and kissed him. He began to deepen it and she returned. It felt so good for her to have his lips touching her once again.