Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Lauren's POV

            My alarm buzzed (what seemed like) extremely loudly, stirring me from my hangover induced coma. I groaned, quickly grabbing my phone from my bed side table to switch off the alarm. Fuck, I placed a gentle hand on my head, I really need to stop going to work hungover.

I made an attempt to get out of bed when I realized there was a strong weight holding me back. Camila, I half gasped, I totally forgot. The brunette was spooning me, her front smooshed against my back, her left leg hanging over my hips, and her slim arm hooked onto my waist. I relaxed into her as her breath slowly hit the back of my neck.

Very carefully, I rolled over to face Camz, being careful not to wake up the slumbering girl. I couldn't help but to break into a smile at the sight of the beautiful soccer player sleeping. She looked remarkably beautiful, despite her hair being a bit of a mess. My fingers gently brushed her mane back from her face, revealing her dark lashes and pouty pink lips. She looks even more beautiful in the morning light. How is that possible? I bit my lip, reminding myself of how the moonlight made her glow while I confessed my feelings to her as she slept. That was the second time I had serenaded her – What is she doing to me? Still, the song seemed so fitting and the moment was too perfect to not sing to her as she slept. Maybe one day I'll be able to tell her while she's awake. But that was for another day.

After gently sliding out of Camila's tight grasp, I shimmied out of bed. Fuck, I have less than an hour to shower, get changed, and drive to the office. I'm screwed. I hurried myself around the room, collecting a pair of slacks and a red sweater and heading before stepping out and shutting the door behind me silently.

"Morning," a voice rang out behind me. I jumped and spun quickly to find Mani standing behind me.

"Mani!" I whispered angrily. "You scared the shit out of me!"

"Why? I live here too stupid."

"Right... Well I need to shower..." I whispered, trying to move around Mani towards the bathroom.

"Wait, why are you whispering?"

"Um... because it's early?"

"And why did you shut your door? You never shut it unless..." Mani's eyes widened. "Oh my god... who's in there?" She squealed.

"It's no one..." I groaned. Mani gave me a look and I immediately knew she wasn't going to drop it. "Okay, okay... it's Camila."

"Camila?!" Mani shrieked. "I mean I knew you guys had a little incident last night... and by the way you guys we're dancing I can't say that I'm that surprised... but I thought after the whole fight with Emily happened that you guys would have went your separate ways after the party. Plus, you were both so drunk I just thought-"

"Mani, just slow down," I held my hands up in defense. "We didn't sleep together."

"What? Why? Are you crazy? I thought you were into her."

"I am, I mean, I would be... if she wasn't straight. But you said it, we were both so drunk last night, I wouldn't want to take advantage of her. She was so drunk that she threw up outside of Gigi's house and she couldn't make it back to her suite... so I carried her back here."

"And you slept in the same bed... and nothing happened?" Mani raised her eyebrows.

"Nothing happened," I groaned, becoming slightly annoyed with her interrogation. "I was going to sleep on the couch but she asked me to stay. She must have been cold or something."