Hidden Pirate

Prologue

My name is Robin Lorena. I’m 16 years old and I’m a Pirate.

Not exactly the best way to start this story or tale or whatever you want to call it, but I think it’s right that you know the basics about me before we begin.

Our story begins on the Jolly Rodger, one of the finest Pirate Ships around and I was lucky to be a part of the crew. Our captain was Captain Hook and I was one of the many crew members aboard the ship.

There were just a few things that were different about me compared to the rest of the crew. For one thing, I was the only girl on this ship. I wasn’t always the only one, but after the untimely death of Captain Hooks Lady, It became only me as the lass of the ship.

I also happened to be the only kid on the boat. And that had something to do with my purpose on this ship. You see, Captain Hook always wanted to sail the seas near Neverland, a place where only kids could live. As long as Hook had a kid aboard the Jolly Rodger, he could sail the waves of Neverland all he wanted.

Of course I didn’t mind that. All that mattered was that I trained to become a pirate like the rest of them. You see when Hook found me, I was helpless and alone and my father, who was a sailor himself, drowned at sea and I was the only one to control the boat, hoping that he would come swimming back to me after the storm, but he never did. Hook found me on my third day lost out at sea. I was seven at the time.

If it hadn’t been for Lady Hook, (that is what I always called her, I never really knew her name and I was too smart to not ask hook that is of course unless I wanted to get ripped through the neck with his hook!) Hook would have never let me aboard his ship.

My main job on this ship was keeping the ship in order and watching the main sheet and Jib sheet to make sure none of them sky the mast. Thankfully that has never happened, but from the stories that the rest of the crew have told me about what has happened when some idiot skies the sheets, Hook makes you climb the mast and retrieve it. That doesn’t sound that bad to most people but to me that it terrible, since I’m afraid of heights, and normally if you sky one of the sheets, you end up having to climb up at least 20 feet to retrieve it. Not a pleasant drop…

But there is one thing that I like about being a Pirate, and that’s when we have sword practice.  Hook tells me that I need to learn how to use a sword so that then I could conquer those who live on Neverland.

For as long as I have sailed around Neverland, never have I ever seen or heard of any people living on Neverland, I only see bonfire light coming from the outskirts of the trees on some nights, but even then it’s a little faint.

I wonder what could be out there?