Chapter 8

On Monday, I already knew what my decision was. Thing is, I wanted Eric to ask me for my decision.  It feels mad awkward to just go up to him and tell him what I've decided. During lunch, I was hoping Eric would ask me my decision. It's already 7th period and he hasn't asked me yet. Perhaps he thinks I'm not ready yet.  I get up to find Eric because if I don't go to him he probable won't ask me for my decision yet. However, as soon as I got up Eric was behind me looking as if he was about to tap my shoulder.  I sat down and he took a seat next to me.
Eric: I'm guessing you already know what I have to say.
Lori: Yeah...
Eric: So can I have them?
Lori: Huh?
Eric: Your French fries, can I have them?
Lori: OHHH! That's what you had to say?
Eric: Yeah, what did you think?
Lori: I thought you wanted to know about my decision.
Eric: Oh, I mean I do want to know but I don't want to rush you.
Lori: It's fine, I've made up my mind.
Eric: Really?...What do you say?
Lori: Well, we are in 8th grade and high school is not too far away. I feel like there isn't a very high chance of us getting into the same high school either. Plus, I don't wish to have a short lasted relationship.
Eric: What are you trying to say?
Lori: I'm trying to say, (sighs) I don't want to be your girlfriend right now.
Eric: Oh, I expected different.
Lori: Yeah, I know I like you and everything but...
Eric: But what? I like you, you like me? What's wrong Lori?
Lori: I don't want a relationship that is short lasted. If we get in to the same high school that would change my decision.
Eric: I get it.
Lori: Yeah, I'm sorry...but just know I will still like you.
Eric: Ok, but can I still have your fries?
Eric said with a smile on his face.
I laughed and said "Sure."
He gave me a hug and went back to his table. As I hugged him, I felt choked up. I was trying to hold back my tears. It's not that I don't want to date him. It's just if we date and have to break up after a short period of time, it won't be good. Maybe, just maybe, we'll get into the same high school and destiny will handle it from there.