step eight

how to make your crush fall in love with you:

step 1. encounter your crush

step 2. put the past behind

step 3. look at the bright side

step 4. create the master plan

step 5. initiate pla- obstacle?

step 6. stalk your crush

step 7. pour in the egg yolk

step 8. saved by prince charming

⚉⚇⚉

"What are you doing?" A familiar voice silenced the girls' cackles.

Minseo's head snapped up from staring at her knees.

Jaehyun? Minseo could make out his face staring at her in shock through the egg yolk and flour blinding her eyes. 

Wiping away the yolk, Minseo stood up from the ground, staring back at Jaehyun, who stood at the edge of the alleyway.

The fangirls had backed up away from Minseo, as if they weren't the ones for causing the disaster. And for a long moment, everyone stood in silence, eyes wide.

"Are you okay?" Jaehyun asked, stepping closer to Minseo.

Instinctively, Minseo backed away, gluing her eyes to the ground.

"What were you doing to her?!" Jaehyun yelled to the girls. They flinched at his words.

They turned and ran, leaving Jaehyun and Minseo alone in the alleyway.

"Are you... Are you that stalker that keeps following me around?" Jaehyun moved his face underneath Minseo's so he could see her eyes.

Minseo lifted her head. The egg yolk was all wiped away, but tears of embarrassment started to haze her sight.

Nodding slowly, Minseo admitted, her cheeks feeling hot. 

"Why... Why did you stop to save me? You could've kept going you way," Minseo asked.

"I heard someone scream 'help,' so I thought they needed me," Jaehyun shrugged.

"Th-Thank you," Minseo said, tears streaming down her face. She wasn't sad and she definitely wasn't happy. So why was she crying? Minseo tried her best to stop her tears, but it kept rushing out like an unstoppable waterfall.

"Where's your house? I can walk you home," The smiled, his eyes forming a beautiful eye-smile.

That was when a smile stretched across Minseo's face, like clouds clearing after a storm.