Chapter 2

The second day of competition proved much better than the first. If nothing else, it was much more entertaining. I chuckled when I saw Natsu, Gajeel, and Sabertooth's Sting Eucliffe all get motion-sick during the chariot race. It was pretty hilarious.

The battles were pretty great too! My adopted brother Elfman made me proud by taking down some jerk from Quatro Cerberus. Unfortunately, he got pretty banged up in the process and had to be pulled from the Games.

My favorite match, of course, was when my sweet little sister Mirajane was paired up against a certain blonde-haired beauty queen. Their match turned into a modeling competition, which no one seemed to mind. I thought I was going to die when Jenny started showing off her bikini. It got really funny when girls from all of the guilds started jumping in to show their stuff.

There was one point in the chaos where the judges called for the girls to model wedding gowns. Somehow, I ended up in the arena wearing a tux. My eyes locked with those of Jenny Realight from a distance. I couldn't put into words how beautiful she looked in her white dress.

Jenny smiled at me tantalizingly and motioned with her finger to join her. I was honestly going to, but I was suddenly snatched away by my old friend Cana. "Damn you, Cana!"

Jenny ended up partnering with Hibiki from her own guild. Eventually, the judges ordered everyone else out of the arena, and the match resumed. Jenny and Mira only had their combat gear left to show, which would decide the winner. I overheard Jenny make a bet with my sister that almost made me fall over in my seat. The loser would have to pose nude for the next issue of Sorcerer Weekly! What finally made me hit the floor was when Mirajane actually agreed to the terms!

I got up just in time to see Mira take down Jenny with her Sitri form. I hadn't seen that in a long time. I felt bad for Jenny, but secretly made a mental note to buy next week's issue.

After another match, the Games were closed for the day. I met Jenny outside like we'd agreed, and we set out for our afternoon in town.

She was still a little down from her match with Mira, so I treated her to ice cream to cheer her up. It worked.

I don't remember much about what we did that day, but I remember watching Jenny the whole time. I remember thinking about how amazing she was and how beautiful she looked. I almost couldn't believe that I was out, hand-in-hand, with a girl like her.

We were into the late afternoon when we finally stopped for a break on a park bench. Jenny sat nestled under my arm with her head on my shoulder. It just felt right to be there with her like that.

Unfortunately, our perfect moment was suddenly interrupted when I got the feeling we were being watched.

Jenny looked at me in confusion when I stood without warning and scanned our surroundings. "(F/n)?" she asked in concern. "Is everything ok?"

"Someone's been following us," I growled as she stood to be near my side.