Chapter 2

And the 'shrill  old thing' rang again...Though this time it was received with an equal measure  of excitement, disapproval  and a tad bit of joy ! Yes, the semester had ended and that meant we all wouldn't meet each other for another 3 weeks! No more Cristae , foramina and costae for 3 whole weeks!! This is one of the things one can experience in med schools! You are screwed to such a level that you don't realize time flying.

I couldn't resist smiling as I watched the scenario in the classroom. The unusual hustle as everyone were busy shoving Anatomy books into the bags, making plans, cracking jokes. Even the front bench nerd , seemed to be chill... The slackers as usual fooling around!!! The ambience was light, unlike the usual days. Though we were a bit sad about missing each other, we were really looking forward for the break. 3 weeks meant a really long time for us. Finally 3 weeks without dark circles, I chuckled to myself!!!

Hey Shravs!!! Vidhya shook my shoulders casually. Yeah bruh , So Whats the plan? I asked , packing my things and zipping up my bag . Nothing much , I have the train to Chennai tomorrow, Guruvayur express, (she announced grandly) and guess will be back by the end of the holidays, said vidhya.  Aww.. Im gonna miss you man!, I said throwing myself on to her. Uggghhh! Let go of me, creepo, she wiggled out of my embrace. I laughed..

"Hey people.....", came the rest of my gang, all packed up, from their respective places.... ' I don't wanna live forever, cause I know i'll be living in vain',  howled Joe in a weird kind of way ( He is usually that way when he is excited!!!), to which a couple of girls giggled.. Joe winked at them causing them to amplify their giggles....I laughed, imagining him singing creepy songs in his own hospital someday, to serious patients!  Heyyo, 3 weeks people!!!  I am gonna go on a camp to Manali  with my school friends, said Joshua excitedly...OOOH, Manali!!! I heard the mountain chicks are pretty good bro, said Sushanth, one of our classmates, who is known for his genuine interest in Women!!!!!  oh , Come on Sushanth! Is that all you can ever think about , groaned Diya.... We all laughed as we descended towards the exit .....

( AFTER 2 HOURS AND 12 MINUTES OF CHILLING IN THE CAFETERIA , CHATTING, DISCUSSING PLANS, MESSING AROUND, LAUGHING, LAUGHING AND MORE OF LAUGHING)

So, See you around people . Hope you have a good time , I hugged them all , not wanting them to leave... Sigh ... I hated this moment every single day. Saying bye to my friends.... I was the only non-resident in my gang and had to take a bus home every single day, while they can just walk their way back to their nice , cosy rooms and chill all through the night! 

( Shravanthi walks towards the bus stop,to take a bus back home, while her friends walk back towards their respective rooms,hugging,  bidding farewell to each other).... Excited about their own plans for their holidays...

Cristae: Latin for crests or ridges on the human bones.

Foramina: Latin for ''holes'', again on the human bones.

Costae: Rib Bones, Latin again!