chapter 1

Ari's POV

--------------------/-------------------------

"ARI! GET DOWN HERE NOW!" my stepmother screams, her wretched voice drifting up through the floor. i hate that voice, it appears in my night mares, my worst nightmares.

why should I, i already know what is awaiting. its the same everyday.

I walk down the stairs, not because I want her to hurt me, but because she'll tell my father if I don't listen to her. my father will take her side, he always does, every time.

 i am met at the bottom of the stairs, cigarette in her hand, burning already. she snarls, showing her rotten, yellow teeth.She grabs my arm, pulling me down the rest of the stairs, grabbing my hair and using that instead.

"OW!" I yell, under my breath, afraid of what she would do if she heard me. my face contorts in pain, my hair practically being ripped out of my head.

she just laughs,Right in my face, as I'm getting rug burn on my ribcage. The thing about her though, is that she doesn't care if she breaks your ribs or your arm. And she won't send you to the hospital either. She won't even make up an excuse as to why You could have broken your arm to your father. She'll just lock you in your room, swallowing the key, well kinda, its practically a real life cinderela story, except there is no prince to save me.

she lets go of my hair, pushing my face into the white carpet. i feel something cold touch my back, i have no idea what it is, this has never happened before. i scream as I  realize what the object is, as to it is plunged into my back, being dragged across my skin, its a knife.

"Let's see who'll tell their father now!?" she says laughing, her breath spreading across my new wound, causing me to cringe in pain. i reach up to grab the spot where she had just stabbed me, screaming as her cigarette digs into my skin. i smell burning flesh, the smell and thought of that disgusts me.

Then I tried to run from her, but with her having such a slim body, she caught up. I guess i ran the wrong way and i felt my head being slammed against the corner of the tv, and i felt blood gushing through the huge wound that was becoming of my head.

My head was pounding, and i have never experienced  so much pain in my life of being abused. I didn't know what I was going to do, or when my dad was going to get home. At that moment, I thought about giving up.

"I CANT HANDLE IT ANYMORE! LEAVE ME ALONE!" I screamed as loud as I could in her face, after  felt instant relief for some reason, and it felt good.

 Then I heard the door start to open and I saw my...

/////////////////////

Read the next chapter!

plus what do you guys think about the story so far?